PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Phil (ohin3), sounds like you're off to a good (re-)start. Are you selecting blends randomly,

or trying to stock up in representative blend categories?
H&H's Louisiana Red in a GBD sandblasted pot.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Tuskegee Airman and Maltese Falcon are new to me. Everything else is an old favourite. It is summer and I am primarily a VA smoker, but I live in Nova Scotia, So it's always cool enough for my occasional English/Balkan.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
GL Pease Maltese Falcon in a Savinelli 1/8 bent smooth Pisa dublin. First time smoking Maltese Falcon. Review will follow after I finish half of the tin or so.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I am not even through with this bowl of GL Pease Maltese Falcon and I already want to write a review. I will wait till I have smoked it a few times in a few different pipes before I offer a proper review, but as for right now, this is an amazing tobacco. This is what I first fell in love with about English/Balkan blends. Brings me back to my early days of tobacco discovery when I was smoking and being amazed by Dunhill London Mixture and Esoterica Penzance. Smokey, soft, smooth, slightly sweet and that slight spice that reminds me of the smell of a new oak barrel...like smoking fine incense. Again, I haven't smoked that much of it, but I have a feeling I will be making a large cellar purchase of this one very soon.
Still smoking GL Pease Maltese Falcon from the Savinelli, accompanied by Sambuca with espresso beans and iced water. I'm in that sublime smoking perfection place that all pipe smokers cherish...
Cheers.
P.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
1Q in my Fat Cavicchi Apple.

Happy Pappy's Day!
[Edit] Since it is Fathers' Day, I will break out my Gourd Calabash this evening, and put out the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hmmm... must be the only one smoking today. Or the only one online...
C&D's bulk Or Olam from Wm. Serad's Hebraica Series. A really great Vaper/Oriental blend that I suspect is often overlooked, or at least not talked about much in these precincts.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Cortez,

No Ohin and I are smoking as well.

Today... being Fathers' Day... I have been especially dedicated.
I've had two churchwardens with Latakia,

Now my Cavicchi Volcano with 1Q.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well then, I'm in good company!

C&D's Haunted Bookshop in a GBD sandblasted pot.
DSCN0376.jpg

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Yer damn right I'm smoking and online. Marlin Flake in a Dunhill shell quaint group 3 1/4 bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.