PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
RIP, he was a very talented man, I wish I had the pleasure of knowing him.

I was turned onto Plum Pudding back in 2009, just a couple of years after it’s release (2007, if memory serves), I believe it was the only Seattle Pipe Club blend at the time. I remember reading the review for it in Pipes & Tobacco magazine, the review said, in a round about way that, PP was nirvana for the Balkan smoker, at that point I just had to try it, I’ve been smoking it ever since. He created quite a legacy.

sobranie759

Lurker
Jun 5, 2013
Joe Lankford was a super guy. I never met Joe in person but we traded emails years ago. Before SPC Joe would hand blend tobaccos at his home and send these blends out to a few select customers. I was very fortunate to be one of those customers. At the time his blends were composed of McClelland tobaccos at least the ones I purchased from Joe. Joe will be missed by many , RIP Joe .

Reactions: novaki

novaki

Lurker
Apr 4, 2020
Meridian, MS
Plum Pudding was my first "I get it now" smokes when I was starting out. It became my perfect smoke and was the first 8oz can that I ever bought. I had a bowl of it when I heard the news. He seems like a great guy and I know he will be missed by many.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
A bit late to catch up with the sad news. Never met the man personally, but I’ve always enjoyed his craftsmanship with blends.

Smoking a bowl of plum pudding special reserve for Joe this evening.

Reactions: anotherbob