Jim's Watch City Simply Orange Virginia Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I have set it out for several days. This particular 500g box is the only one that has given me issues.

I wonder how old the box is. It seems consistency has suffered since G&H acquired SG. I keep reading about less sauce, too wet, too dry, and those godawful tins that don't seal. Bummer - Golden Glow is an amazing and underrated blend.

Reactions: FurCoat

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I’m smoking my first bowl - very good quality and tasty tobacco. Does anyone get a similar vibe as Dunbar, sans the apricot topping?

I taste me almost incense like sandlewood (ish). I probably should have dried it out longer, but looking forward to the next bowl!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I wonder how old the box is. It seems consistency has suffered since G&H acquired SG. I keep reading about less sauce, too wet, too dry, and those godawful tins that don't seal. Bummer - Golden Glow is an amazing and underrated blend.
The box is about 3 years old. Didn't have this issue in the past. It's mylared for now. Maybe it'll get better after a few years when I get back to it.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I got 4 ounces of it, I need to put some time aside to give it a go. I have to be in the right mood to try a new tobacco. Stars aligned properly etc, etc, etc.

I hope it's not anything like Golden Glow as I never cared for that blend. To me GG was like an goopy aromatic but that was quite a few years ago. Plus, the name "Simply Orange Virginia" has a fruit name in it which will go against my signature line (see below)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I got 4 ounces of it, I need to put some time aside to give it a go. I have to be in the right mood to try a new tobacco. Stars aligned properly etc, etc, etc.

I hope it's not anything like Golden Glow as I never cared for that blend. To me GG was like an goopy aromatic but that was quite a few years ago. Plus, the name "Simply Orange Virginia" has a fruit name in it which will go against my signature line (see below)
SOV is not like Golden Glow. The blend, as I noted in my review, is an Orange Virginia dominant tobacco. No toppings.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I tried this and liked it and put a pound away for aging. See you next year and the next 6 years after that. Then I will review it.

Reactions: JimInks