Jim's Watch City Simply Orange Virginia Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Well that disappeared quick. Tried to grab 8oz and some Flake 558, first time buying from WCC and had stupid issues with billing address at checkout.

Missed the release! Guess I'll try again in July for Red.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Well that disappeared quick. Tried to grab 8oz and some Flake 558, first time buying from WCC and had stupid issues with billing address at checkout.

Missed the release! Guess I'll try again in July for Red.

Sorry you missed it but as you say there’s always the next drop. Unlike Esoterica Watch City drops are fairly frequent, well publicized, and dependable.

Scoring WC tobaccos is easy, much easier in fact than almost all the other sought after blends: set up an account and log in ready to buy a few minutes before the announced drop time. You’ll get what you want every single time. Show up late and you’re probably out of luck. Just like flying. If you want to catch your flight be at the gate when they tell you. If you are unable or unwilling the plane leaves without you.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Sorry you missed it but as you say there’s always the next drop. Unlike Esoterica Watch City drops are fairly frequent, well publicized, and dependable.

Scoring WC tobaccos is easy, much easier in fact than almost all the other sought after blends: set up an account and log in ready to buy a few minutes before the announced drop time. You’ll get what you want every single time. Show up late and you’re probably out of luck. Just like flying. If you want to catch your flight be at the gate when they tell you. If you are unable or unwilling the plane leaves without you.
I definitely appreciate the schedule for releases. It'd be fantastic if other companies were so reliable with their limiteds.

Reactions: UncleRasta

tabakpfeife

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2019
Holy mackerel this is nice. I tried it fresh; I normally age VAs before I smoke them, but I was curious. It is lighter in color then Simply Red, hence the name, although it has some red in the ribbon cut. I get a nice, sweet taste, some bread, some grass. I did not find the lemon JimInks talks about, nor the vinegar, but it is tangy. I get the zesty comment, but I think it is rounded out nicely, and should age well. Enthusiastic thumbs up.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Mine arrived today as well. Smoking some in a clay now. It's flavorful and smooth. Soft smoke rolling across the tongue. I've decided that it's so nice that I tossed the rest of my Simply Red, Rhythm and Blues, and VOriental into the compost bin! ;)

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
This made me set my cup down - this is some mighty fine tobacco! I'm floating it around on some beer and whiskey after a bowl of Mac Baren's Golden Extra, but Simply Orange reminds me strongly of SG Golden Glow. I like this stuff a LOT!
I get the Golden Glow vibe too. The difference for me is Simply Orange burns while the last box of Golden Glow I purchased was obviously triple cased in asbestos.