Jim's Sutliff 2021 Cringle Flake Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
I guess, if you like damaged/missing items and getting double charged for orders never shipped.?‍♂️
I’ve shared my business… no one takes the cake yet. Everyone delivered what I ordered. No issues from anyone yet. I’m interested in qty of tobacco I like…so, I won’t discriminate on who has stock and who doesn’t.

I’ve shared my business… no one takes the cake yet. Everyone delivered what I ordered. No issues from anyone yet. I’m interested in qty of tobacco I like…so, I won’t discriminate on who has stock and who doesn’t.
I have my favorite top 5 from whom I regularly buy. They aren't one of them. In fact they are at the bottom. Like if I was on a deserted island and P&C was the only company that would deliver, I would just quit smoking bottom....

But hey, I'm Scandinavian. We hold grudges for generations..... Fool me once.....

Feel free to ask me how I really feel.... puffy

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
I have my favorite top 5 from whom I regularly buy. They aren't one of them. In fact they are at the bottom. Like if I was on a deserted island and P&C was the only company that would deliver, I would just quit smoking bottom....

But hey, I'm Scandinavian. We hold grudges for generations..... Fool me once.....

Feel free to ask me how I really feel.... puffy
So, being Scandinavian, can you go ahead and tell us how you really feel?

The more I hear about these scandies and their ancestors… the more I think I’ve married into Viking mafia. ?‍♂️

I’ve learned to sleep shield up….

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
I hate to pile onto this, but I’ll share a recent anecdote. I’ve probably purchased 10-20 or so times from p&c over the years. No issues except a few poorly packed boxes back in the day (this seems better recently). Although they still use those weird cheap perforated cardboard boxes that are barely sturdy enough.

I recently had a large order with 1 tin missing. I emailed and got no response for a couple of days. Based on all of the bad things I’ve read, I chalked it up to a loss but decided to call them anyway. I got straight through to a human and they didn’t give me any hassle and shipped a replacement at no charge. That seemed like good customer service to me (as long as you don’t rely on email), Especially because I had no proof of anything on my end. They’ve moved up a couple of slots for me based on their prices, ‘hidden bulk discounts’, and nearly constant 10% off coupons.

Etipton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 24, 2021
Tennessee
I hate to pile onto this, but I’ll share a recent anecdote. I’ve probably purchased 10-20 or so times from p&c over the years. No issues except a few poorly packed boxes back in the day (this seems better recently). Although they still use those weird cheap perforated cardboard boxes that are barely sturdy enough.

I recently had a large order with 1 tin missing. I emailed and got no response for a couple of days. Based on all of the bad things I’ve read, I chalked it up to a loss but decided to call them anyway. I got straight through to a human and they didn’t give me any hassle and shipped a replacement at no charge. That seemed like good customer service to me (as long as you don’t rely on email), Especially because I had no proof of anything on my end. They’ve moved up a couple of slots for me based on their prices, ‘hidden bulk discounts’, and nearly constant 10% off coupons.
I had the same issue, missing a tin on an order I callled them and they shipped it right out no questions asked

Reactions: strave19

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma

I had the same issue, missing a tin on an order I callled them and they shipped it right out no questions asked

Emails are easy to ignore. A ringing telephone is not.

Hardest to ignore of all, and rarely encountered, is a credit card charge back for receipt of funds by a vendor for goods not delivered, i.e.: fraud.

Reactions: strave19

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
Well…? Any more reviews now that people are getting their hands on it? What is everyone thinking?

Let me live vicariously through you while I wait for mine to show up!

Reactions: MattRVA

blackpowderpiper

Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
I think I'm really going to enjoy this blend. I've only had one bowl but I can generally tell from a single smoke if I'm going to like something or not.

To me, there's a nice creamy sweetness from the stoved VA, but it's not cloying. The perique adds just a touch of spice but mainly adds that undertone of sweet richness that you may associate with stewed fruits. The spice from the perique is something you kind of have to look for and I mainly get it from the retrohale. There's also a subtle floral note that I associate with Full VA Flake. The delicious sweetness from the stoved tobacco, for me at least, reminded me from time to time of Blackwoods Flake. Then, weaving in and out is a nice sour note that keeps things interesting.

The tobacco came at a very nice moisture content. I think it could be smoked right out of the tin but I did let it dry for about 30 minutes. Unlike the 2020 release, the 2021 was not fussy. It burned well, required few relights and pretty much burned very well to the bottom.

All in all, a very nice tobacco that seems to evoke the feelings of the season. It's a very rich smoke and as such, is not something that I would smoke all day but I do foresee having a bowl of this on a daily basis during the holiday season.