Jim's C&D Warped: Scarecrow 2022 Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BriarBrook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2022
Missouri
Relatively new smoker here. This is my second warped blend (first being St. Espresso) and they seem to share a certain characteristic. First third of the bowl has all of the notes/traits described in the review and the label... but both devolve into regular old cigar tobacco after that point. To simplify, both warped blends i've tried just taste like a cigar after the first third of the bowl. Anyone else get this?

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Relatively new smoker here. This is my second warped blend (first being St. Espresso) and they seem to share a certain characteristic. First third of the bowl has all of the notes/traits described in the review and the label... but both devolve into regular old cigar tobacco after that point. To simplify, both warped blends i've tried just taste like a cigar after the first third of the bowl. Anyone else get this?
I cannot say it went to cigar, but the last third of the bowl was different. Not as much of the flavor from the other 2/3rds. I am getting over a cold, though, so I thought it was just me. I will smoke some more of it to see if that is consistent.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016

I never got cigar from them. I even tried one of theirs that had cigar leaf in it and still didn’t get a cigar flavor.

I do find that most Aros seem to just turn to crap on the last 1/3. I’ve gotten use to it as just being a part of how they smoke.

That first 2/3s though is really enjoyable.

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
Just got my order in and it's 1000x better than the sutliff crap! This is a tasty blend! Toppings are there but not overpowering the tobacco flavors. Def taste the chocolate. Nice nutty toastiness from the burley. I think I need to get a few more tins!

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
I don’t smoke aromatics often but I am a fan of this one! I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to taste the caramel like flavoring all the way to the end of the bowl, though it was strongest initially. I was expecting ashiness near the end and never found it. I used a corn cob on this one. Need to try it in a briar.

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
I have just finished my third bowl, so it's to early to say. I think I need to get used to it. The flavoring seems to be a little bit overwhelming, more than I expected. Today however, after about 15 minutes I had to let the pipe rest for about 30-40 minutes. When I lighted it up again, it gave me an excellent smoke where the flavoring was just part of the mix and the quality of the tobacco really came out. I really enjoyed it. Maybe I need to break the cake apart and give it time to breath in a jar for a week or two.
Well, I have almost finished the first tin and I have to reassess my judgment about this blend. It just needed some time but it has now become a very enjoyable daily smoke.

Reactions: FurCoat

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
Not normally an aromatic smoker, but I have really enjoyed this. Didn't try last years so I can't compare, but I am glad I snagged a tin this year. Wish I had grabbed 2.

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
I am not typically an aromatic smoker. This stuff is fantastic. I remember embers raving about it last year and wondered if I had missed out. Really glad I picked up several tins. It is a light aromatic and full of tobacco flavor. Big thanks to Jim inks and chasing embers for recommending it. I know the price went up a little this year and perhaps that’s why it didn’t sell out quite as fast this year but I think it’s worth it, hands down. This will suit both aromatic and non aromatic smokers. Tasty stuff, well done c&d and warped.