Jim's C&D Warped: Scarecrow 2022 Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

9 Fresh Radice Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
18 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
6 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Tried some yesterday evening - very pleasantly surprised. Have some drying now that will accompany me on a road trip today. So, one tin will stay open, two will get jarred and even though I like it I'll put one in the box with the "I think I'll get an extra tin just in case" tins - if my Secret Santa victim likes these kinds of tobaccos he or she may get a (spooky) holiday surprise. Can't just give away foul and putrid rejects. (Kidding).

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
I have just finished my third bowl, so it's to early to say. I think I need to get used to it. The flavoring seems to be a little bit overwhelming, more than I expected. Today however, after about 15 minutes I had to let the pipe rest for about 30-40 minutes. When I lighted it up again, it gave me an excellent smoke where the flavoring was just part of the mix and the quality of the tobacco really came out. I really enjoyed it. Maybe I need to break the cake apart and give it time to breath in a jar for a week or two.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I can see why. I just had my first bowl and this blend actually lives up to the hype. I'm not usually a big fan of C&D's aromatics but this is expertly executed.
Had my second on the road today. This one was a bit drier and wasn’t competing with what I was drinking at the time. Liked it even more than yesterday and got more out of it!

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Didn't have any plans to get this as I'm not into aromatics and most special releases are a flop for me. Decided to give it a try just to see if this one will change my mind. I normally smoke strong blends first thing in the morning and lighter through the day and into the evening. Thinking this could possibly be a after dinner desert type smoke maybe. 🤞

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
I agree. Creeper of the Corn is nasty as well. I think you'll enjoy Scarecrow.

Yeah it definitely has a profile I could see as love or hate, and no in between.

Scarecrow is by far my favorite “new” aromatic and I still have some from last year.

I liked Creeper as it reminded me a lot of the Peterson St Patrick’s Day aromatic but not as strong on the rum or whatever that sickly sweet taste is.

I am glad I only got what I did though as I won’t but the Creeper again.

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
This one has surprised me and actually been enjoyable. At first when I cracked the tin the smell reminded me of Lane 1Q and I was worried. Despite the topping/flavoring I can actually taste the tobacco in this one. I've smoked it in a cob, a briar, and meerschaum and I like it in a briar pipe the best so far. I am getting a buttery caramel popcorn taste. It's serving its purpose for me as a after diner dessert tobacco.

Reactions: chopper

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's good to see that it's remained in stock this year. Last year it didn't last more than four hours.

Reactions: Elric

ChonkyTonks

Jul 14, 2022
Philly
I am smoking my first pipe of it right now. Pleasant puffer. I am quite surprised by it. I was expecting something nauseatingly sweet…cloying, even. Not in the slightest. The flavor is consistent throughout. This will be a good once-in-a-while blend.