PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yup, count 'em, 20K. Yoiks! Congratulations from a mere laggard. No one is likely to catch up with that. Previous record holder may have been erstwhile member roth with maybe 17K.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Pretty amazing since the majority were documenting what he was smoking. That is probably around 18k plus bowls.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jiminks does some of the best Forums reviews too, succinct and knowledgeable and really well-written.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I'm not sure, but I think you might be #2 in line MSO at +16K. At any rate, if I'm not mistaken, the forum counter can only count to 20K, then it resets. So if Jim posts one more message, his counter goes back to zero and he has to start all over as a New Member! :mrgreen:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That averages to appx 12 posts per day since he joined. 8O
Yep. That's about right. I kid him about it.
I've enjoyed the pleasure of being good friends with Jim for several years. He's not only a wondrous font of information on blends, their constituents, and their history, but a walking talking encyclopedia on baseball, old radio, and American history. He's a generous warm soul who happily shares his knowledge (and his tobaccos) and is one of the most scrupulously honest people I've met in this life.
So congrats Jim! Keep them coming!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"That averages to appx 12 posts per day since he joined."
He does a lot of reviewing and even more smoking. My favorite perennial/monthly thread is "What Are You Smoking"

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I congratulated Jim last night in a chatroom we visit. As Sable says, Jim is the consummate gentleman with many interests. I'm fortunate to call him a friend and mentor.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I enjoy posting and I really enjoy reading what others smoke, why they like what they like, and how often they smoke. Makes me feel like I'm in a pipe shop with a lot of good people. :D
Toobfreak: actually, this is 9th reset for 20,000 posts. :nana: :rofl: Seriously, thank you for the compliments.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hats off to you, Jim! You are the in the core group that comprises the backbone of this forum. Always kind. Always wise. You have guided my tobacco buying from afar for years.
I have never gone wrong using your reviews to buy tobacco and trust your palate completely.
Here's to 20k more!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Having spent many hours on the phone with Jim, discussing all that is good, bad and indifferent about the world, I feel as though we've been sitting down and sharing stories over a bowl for decades. In fact, I've never met the guy. One of these days, Jim! Happy 20K to ya & on to 30!

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Congrats! I wonder what the head count is of people who have been guided towards great smokes thanks to Jim's quantity AND quality of reviews? I know they have been thoroughly appreciated by me! :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:
Isaac

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Many, many thanks to all of you for the kind words. It means a lot to know my reviews are helpful to others, whether they entice to you try or avoid a blend.
Dan, it's always a joy to chat with you. I hope we do meet someday after all our entertaining phone calls.

John, you're one of the guys who make pipe forums worth being on.

Jesse, you're one of the best people I know.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Hey congrats and thank you for all the reviews. Hey did you ever get to try the tobacco I sent you. You know the one.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Zitotczito: I remember the one package you sent a while back when we phone chatted, if that's the one you're referring to, with the Yeti Flake. If you sent something since then, I didn't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.