PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Well let's look on the bright side. The ground and the water table is probably fucked forever, but you can spend the rest of your life in a lawsuit. :roll:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"If you've ever tried to walk a goat, this may just be the most hysterical sight ever in town."
Try doing it with a 15 stone pig. I had one escape once had to retrieve it from down the lane. Took nigh on two hours to get it to walk all of 100 yards! Then the missus showed up with a bucket of pig nuts and showed me how it was done :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@Tinner- You share the same type of optimism I have!
@Smiff- Ah, yes, what problem can't a bucket of pig nuts solve, eh?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Nature heals itself pretty fast. If it hadn't been for all of the "help" given Prince William Sound by the assorted experts the damage would have been less and the Sound would have flushed itself fairly quickly. Lots of so-called ecological groups made big bucks from the spill. Some still are.
If you are out moneys look for a good settlement as opposed to an amount to punish the State or private company running the pipeline. Just get what's due to you and move one. Unless you are one of those looking to get "set" for life. Then you are looking at, perhaps years of litigation. Just get yourself whole if possible and move on.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Sounds awful man, can't stand this stuff. We had a relatively minor Chromium spill just down the street from my house a few weeks back, I imagine we'll all have cancer from that but the city and EPA say everything is fine.
Hope they sort it out. Be safe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's a pretty cruel calculus that remote areas with fewer people get abused by big companies in various ways, environmental ravages being one of them. Hog lagoons are one despoiling factor in N.C. and in my wife's home place in rural N.E. Missouri. Beautiful country regularly blanketed by a palpable stench. It makes her weep, physically and emotionally.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
So sorry to hear this horrible news. I hope you and the family make it through OK. Hang in there.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Sounds like you're managing to to keep your spirits up during the local disaster. I have no way to comprehend how difficult the stuation must be for the entire county. Take care and let's hope you all come through this relatively unharmed.
Best to you, your family and your neighbors.

Some people function through anger, using that emotion to get them through tough times. I use humor. It helps me cope with just about anything. We all chose our reactions to what life throws in our paths. I'd rather laugh any day over raging or crying. Besides, I'd look rather silly setting in a field crying... I have a goat that needs me. :puffy:

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I use humor. It helps me cope with just about anything. We all chose our reactions to what life throws in our paths. I'd rather laugh any day over raging or crying.
Yeah, me too. The wife, however, is not amused!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Sorry to hear of this, Cos-man.
What sort of gas? Gasoline or another type? What's it's volatility? Hopefully, high, so most of it will vapor into the atmosphere.... Where you can inhale it! :) No, if it's volatile, it should fly well up into the atmosphere to knock off some birds....

Jpmcwj, gasoline

They put this sign on the turn in to the farm...

image_zpsm1ytygsv.jpeg

image_zpsvpjlhc3h.jpeg

There was also a note on the gate that says that the clean up will be done by tomorrow, ha ha. I'll believe it when I see it.

It took about as long for me to get the oil tank removed from here, and that was just a 100 gallons tank.

May 4, 2015
Their square pupils creep me out.
But yes - handsome goat.
Edit: But wasn't the photo supposed to be of you riding him, bare chested with a pipe in your mouth? That's what I thought I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.