PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Oh... and it's been confirmed that Bilbo Baggins in fact did NOT smoke Tewksburry's Hobbits Weed, but rather enjoyed McClelland Deep Hollow and Frog Morton. Wait... did we have that conversation? No? Maybe I dreamed it :mrgreen:

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
Samuel Gawith completed its reintegration with Gawith Hoggarth. Smokers now claim that FVF and other SG products now taste like urinal cake.
LMFAO. When did this happen?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
gk, it happened a couple of years ago I think and the rumors are true, all SG tastes like a dead grandmothers wool coat that has been in mothballs for 20 years.
Oh yeah, and I am buying out McClellends and making sure there are no more red virginia's in any of their blends. Lemon for everyone.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
HaHa that is real funny.
I hate that granny flower taste too, lol. I've had new FVF and SJF but did not detect it at all, perhaps they finally figured it out that they were tainting the SG blends. These were bulk boxes and tins, new from September 2017.
What I've noticed is that the new FVF is totally different from the 2012 batch I have and the batch from 2008 I have been puffing on. 2008 and 2012 are so sweet, almost candy sweet. The new batch is more bready with ginger notes. Both good but not the same at all. Its not an age change they are clearly different leaf.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
gk, you cannot compare aged Sg flakes to the new stuff. Age does amazing things to all SG flakes. Wait till you taste your 2017 stuff 6-10 years from now, you will see what I mean.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
I bought my aged stash tins when they where new back in the day, I think I remember how they tasted like. Or I like to think that. haha!
Perhaps, you are right. I just got a new Dunbar 8oz bag and I was really shocked how flavorless and pale it looked compared to my aged jar. I hope it turns around for the best in a year or 2.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In some ways, Forums is like the old nineteen-fifties soap operas; you can tune in a few months or a year or two later, and the same conversations and drama is still going on the same way. And judging from my number of posts, it's all my fault. A few days, you'll be all caught up.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hey don't forget the new mods in the house!
And I think Carter Hall was named the best tobacco ever created, and those who smoke it have all the power. ... Or something like that.v

Status
Not open for further replies.