PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
It's a lovely 74 degrees but I went ahead and fired up the patio heaters.

Tonight is probably the last night I'll post in this thread since I'll be busy handing out treats tomorrow night.

Having the inaugural smoke in a dragon hatching meer by S. Yanik (he did a phenomenal job on this one) and a glass of Taylor Fladgate 325th Anniversary Port:

IMG_20211030_203400825.jpg

IMG_20211030_204538705.jpg

Listening to the masterful story "Diary of a Madman" by Guy de Maupassant (you didn't think it was just an Ozzy song did you?):

Reactions: wolflarsen
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
As I've said previously, I've enjoyed this thread and the stories greatly. The pumpkin story (which I vaguely recall hearing or seeing before) and pipe-driven tale were my two favorites so far (although I haven't listened to them all).

This is a great concept and well executed. I am hopeful this is the inaugural thread that becomes an October tradition.

Also, seeing the interesting pipe shapes and various cognacs and other adult beverages I haven't been able to imbibe was a nice addition.

Please carry on tonight and in future years. And have a happy, yet spooky, Halloween.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
This is one of my favorite Halloween stories. One Halloween in high school, we decided to scare the girls. Frightened girls hang on to you! So about 14 of us went to my house, 7 boys and 7 girls and we decide to watch a scary movie at my house and then take the girls to White Cemetery (an old creepy cemetery) on Cuba Road, which is supposed to be haunted and scare the crap out of them. We picked our house because we had a big back room and bean bag chairs (it was the late 70's but bean bag chairs are perfect for curling up with girls) The plan was for our friend Tim to put on this glowing skull full face mask I had, hide in the cemetery and then jump out at them. Well, the plan was going glowingly and girls were curled up in our laps within 20 minutes. It went so well we decided to put on another movie. Oh yeah, did I mention we forgot about Tim? He went to the graveyard at the right time and waited for us. And waited for us. And fell asleep. He woke up an hour later and realized where he was an just about soiled himself. Then he decided to scare us. My parents had built a big back rec room with big windows along the back and Tim put on the mask and waited until a good time in the movie. It was dark in the room and at just the right time he banged on the windows and screamed and scared the crap out of all of us!

CUBA ROAD HAUNTINGS — American Hauntings - https://www.americanhauntingsink.com/whitecem

Reactions: shanez