PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I would recommend a leather glove for your tongue to protect against the scorching effect of smoking Clan! It is a truly unpleasant pipe tobacco that makes Captain Monochromatic Grape Flavor look positively gourmet. Personally I would rather be locked in a room with my ball sack stapled to the floor whilst being beaten by an army of garden gnomes than smoke Clan!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
we pay 1l of green gasoline 1.86€ ( 1 gallon 6.88€)‬ / diesel 1l 1.45€ ( 1 gallon 5.3€)
lately, it started to seem me that not only anti-tobacco atmosphere is on the rise but equally Anti-Auto use, leaving gas prices alone, in most EU countries car owners are to pay annual taxes on the use of their own 'motor cars'failure in payments leads to a ban of using a vehicle on the public roads, ain't that pure and well-planned robbery,?I'm confident,this would never happen in the U.S

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Ah! Roma! Sorry to learn of the tax hassles you have there.

This photo of a very historic site is from my visit to Rome in 2012. Perhaps the OP can identify it, please?

View attachment 4177

Via de San Gregorio with Forum Romanum in the background is my guess. Though I cannot help to identify the not so historic site. Great shot by the way.

Daniele Pipa

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2019

Daniele Pipa

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2019
lately, it started to seem me that not only anti-tobacco atmosphere is on the rise but equally Anti-Auto use, leaving gas prices alone, in most EU countries car owners are to pay annual taxes on the use of their own 'motor cars'failure in payments leads to a ban of using a vehicle on the public roads, ain't that pure and well-planned robbery,?I'm confident,this would never happen in the U.S
it is a robbery, many in Italy evade tax

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I love Italy. I have many fond memories of Rome. I was always enchanted by the baskets of Porcini mushrooms outside each restaurant picked freshly every morning in the hills that surround Rome. Nothing beats a warm evening in Rome, great wine and an excellent meal sitting outside Roman watching.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks for the perspective. We never really get that around here. (In the States, not talking about this site) Some of us have forgotten the point of the experiment.

Reactions: Daniele Pipa

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
This is what I fear happening in England and I'm sure it's just a matter of time until it does. I think BREXIT has put nonsense like this on hold as its all consuming and dominates parliament at the moment, once it all gets sorted (whenever the bloody hell that is) I'm sure the politicians and Whitehall mandarins will turn their attention back to finding ways to nause things up for smokers once again.
It's things such as this that have caused me to focus on tobacco from the USA and Germany, Hu, Dan, Cornell & Diehl etc.
I haven't gone deep on any blends as I don't have sufficient wonga so it's mainly a tin or two of as many different blends as I can get my mitts on so as to have a decent selection in the years ahead.
Every time I see a thread like this one it's a reminder to order from abroad while I still can.

Chris.
So leaving the EU will (I’m sure it’s more complicated than this) make it harder to get foreign tobacco?

Reactions: Daniele Pipa
Status
Not open for further replies.