PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
That is a great pipe, and Lee is a great guy.

I live about 90 minutes from him. Spent a day in his shop as he taught me to shape a new stem for one of my estates. He's been over our house for lunch and loves children -- he regaled my tykes with tale after tale.

And yet I still don't own one of his pipes. Maybe someday.

For those of you unfamiliar with him, check out this documentary:

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I too suffered a near miss, smoking my 9mm without a filter. I’m done playing Russian roulette. So, what I have decided to do is get a reverse calabash commissioned, but with a removable briar back so I can load a full 100 pack of filters in like a tommy gun.

I’m having a cob commissioned but only having the bowl drilled, not the shank. The draw’s gonna be a little tight, but you can never be too safe and a natural filter is preferred.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Great thinking! Use capillary action to set your cadence. Probably need to go to molto dulce exclusively in it though.

I’m not really smoking that much anymore, so I could probably just wring some out into the bowl to get me by on the days where I don’t smoke. Of course, I could do that to “season” the new cob, as well, not unlike the honey or syrup treatment.