PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I am not sure I know what sandalwood's aroma is by itself, but I associate it with perfume, potpourri, incense. Conniston Cut Plug is awfully perfumish/incensey, and may be worth a try. The Exotic Passion suggestion is definitely worth looking into. I had a really intensely negative reaction to that blend, but it seems to be a cult favorite for many. It is certainly interesting if nothing else!

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Thanks for the tip. Are Indian leaves considered Orientals? If the name of that other blend comes to mind, please do let me know.

think @rajangan is into Indian tobacco
Indian leaves aren't considered oriental. They do have some oriental tobacco but it isn't originally from India- it's a big country - their biggest crop is flue cured tobacco, they also have burley, fire cured and cigar filler like us. Some strains were developed in India and others are from America, and even Canada.

They also have unique categories of tobacco such as natu which is sun cured and mostly used for cigarettes but also used for cheroots, country cheroot tobacco which is distinct from cigar filler - small plants, nicotine-strong, and narrow leaves. They look similar to little Dutch and One Sucker which are dark air cured and cigar strains. Motihari which is a specific strain of rustica that's used for chew. There's at least one part of the country that produces pit cured tobacco which is yellowed in piles on the ground then buried underground, sandwiched between palm leaves or straw to fully cure, and bidi strains that are mixed with bedel nuts and wrapped in... I forget. And then they have strains dedicated to hookah tobacco, but this is a mixture of unrelated tobaccos, some of which are rustica and some of which are tabacum.

What something called Bengal slices would contain? I don't have a clue. If it were up to me, I'd use Indian Virginia and mix in a little of something more "Indian" with a unique taste. West Bengal - same state as Darjeeling - is known for growing country cheroot, cigar filler, chewing tobacco, and hookah tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.