ISO Huber Golden Virginia Flake (07/22/2022)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
7/9/23 Moved to Food and Drink given new content.

Isaac: Feel free to start same thread again in WTB

Title says it all. I would love to try this blend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JOHN72

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
It's only sold in Munich Germany at Pheiffen Huber.
My bag escaped over the Alps into Switzerland and eventually made to my doorstep.

And that window closed when the last von Trapp died in 2014. You might try begging Julie Andrews. Warren Buffett recently said she’d do anything for money, minimum bid eight figures, and has the daguerreotypes to prove it.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I've a friend in Continental Europe to whom Huber shipped tobacco. I remarked that the word on the forums was that they didn't ship outside of Germany to which he replied that Huber had no problem sending to him. Shipping was fast after bank wire payment, and he got his tins without trouble from customs authorities.

Based on that single datapoint, if you have a friend in Europe who is willing to proxy for you, I would make the attempt---can't hurt to try.

(EDIT--if you would like to try a tin and have no problem waiting a little, I can add one to my upcoming order)

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I've a friend in Continental Europe to whom Huber shipped tobacco. I remarked that the word on the forums was that they didn't ship outside of Germany to which he replied that Huber had no problem sending to him. Shipping was fast after bank wire payment, and he got his tins without trouble from customs authorities.

Based on that single datapoint, if you have a friend in Europe who is willing to proxy for you, I would make the attempt---can't hurt to try.

(EDIT--if you would like to try a tin and have no problem waiting a little, I can add one to my upcoming order)

The website has always been clear that they’ll ship within the EU, but in no circumstances to the US. So from here you need to go to Europe to get it, or as greeneyes rightly says have it transshipped by a friend.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Julia Andrews hasn't been sacred since Victor/Victoria.
Whose 'Julia' Andrews then? Julie's body double / stand in I imagine. Quite right! I believe the only people to cop a glance of 'Julie's Jewel' have been by Royal Appointment only. Supposedly a wondrous thing by all accounts. Freshly sprouting lillies instead of the more natural & common place bush.?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Whose 'Julia' Andrews then? Julie's body double / stand in I imagine. Quite right! I believe the only people to cop a glance of 'Julie's Jewel' have been by Royal Appointment only. Supposedly a wondrous thing by all accounts. Freshly sprouting lillies instead of the more natural & common place bush.?
I was married to a Julia, so my head may be thinking Julie, but my fingers are typing Julia.

We're divorced, you know...