PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Welcome Smokeyweb. Remember its not about winning, its about playing the game - in both relation to resisting PAD and TAB as well as arguing with the Duchess. :puffy:

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
At this point, you should take a break of buying and think about, how you are going to extend this hobby. If not, you will soon be surrounded by pipes and tobacco tins in a short time, and you will start to sell something off.
The best way is to build a small (less than 40) but exquisite collection of pipes and tobaccos, which really get some good use. I like the way, Harris built his collection, and think, this is the best way to deal with it.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I'd like to echo what Michael (cosmicfolklore) said about fitting it (tobacco mainly) into a monthly budget. If you allow yourself to spend $100 a month on tobacco, you'll have a fairly decent cellar built up in no time. This will then allow you to transfer that budget to some nice pipes without worrying about running out of tobacco. That's my plan anyway... Once I'm up to ten pounds I'll start focusing on pipes. If you have no need to budget your tobacco spendings, then by all means, go crazy.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Another victim has been claimed!
Perfectly normal. Welcome to the crazy pipe town!

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
smokeyweb said:

My wife is already flipping out because I "dedicated"

one of her kitchen cabinets to my new found hobby.
Tell her that your new found hobby will soon outgrow her kitchen cabinet and you'll be getting a set of cabinets of your own, at which time she can have hers back ...
That may or may not be helpful, but at least it is truthful, so she'll not be able to later say you'd lied to her.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
After spending an hour in the garage last night freezing my @$$ off I made a suggestion to my wife that the basement would be a much warmer place to pipe... (that didn't go over so well)...

Status
Not open for further replies.