Is My Falcon Blocked? Help!

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
I've smoked a Falcon for many years and despite NOT being a serial pipe cleaner I've never encountered such a problem. Dry rings in my opinion are just a piss take to make money. I've never used them and neither have any Falcon users I've known over the years. I just give the reservoir a flick now and again to get rid of moisture and shove a pipe cleaner through every so often...which is not very often I must admit.
If not a blockage I can only think it might be a problem with the blend of tobacco you're using?

edger

Preferred Member
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I've smoked a Falcon for many years and despite NOT being a serial pipe cleaner I've never encountered such a problem. Dry rings in my opinion are just a piss take to make money. I've never used them and neither have any Falcon users I've known over the years. I just give the reservoir a flick now and again to get rid of moisture and shove a pipe cleaner through every so often...which is not very often I must admit.
If not a blockage I can only think it might be a problem with the blend of tobacco you're using?
I think the Falcon system is near foolproof and consistently delivers a good smoke and should appeal to the frugal (Scottish) pipe smoker. The OP must have gotten a stem with an obstruction from the factory. Hope it gets solved as there are enough Falcon naysayers here!

Franco Pipenbeans

Jan 7, 2021
Update: - I have contacted Falcon directly and they say it is possibly a fault that has occurred during the moulding process, they have offered to send out a replacement stem.
I’ve got to say, when it comes to customer care, this is pretty spectacular - I emailed yesterday (Sunday night, UK time) and they responded within 12 hours to an email that I sent to their general enquiries email address. Good work Falcon Pipes!

indoeuro

Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
Update: - I have contacted Falcon directly and they say it is possibly a fault that has occurred during the moulding process, they have offered to send out a replacement stem.
I’ve got to say, when it comes to customer care, this is pretty spectacular - I emailed yesterday (Sunday night, UK time) and they responded within 12 hours to an email that I sent to their general enquiries email address. Good work Falcon Pipes!
Absolutely terrific. You have promoted me to stick a Falcon bowl in my cart the next time I place a tobacco order.

niblicck

Oct 7, 2020
Semmes Alabama
I've had good luck using the Dill's fluffy and bistle pipe cleaners clearing obstruction that regular size pipe cleaners cannot pass through. They are a smaller diameter than a regular pipe cleaner and the price you pay for them reflect this. Some of the kaywoodies I've restored will only pass a Dill's.

anotherbob

Preferred Member
Absolutely terrific. You have promoted me to stick a Falcon bowl in my cart the next time I place a tobacco order.
I think every one should get at least on Falcon. They're far from my favorite pipe but they give a huge amount of bang for the price. I tend to smoke mine pretty regularly when in the mood for a shorter smoke (i.e. walking home a.k.a. the one time I don't want to spend extra time smoking).