PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
So, I got a pouch of Shepherds Pie from The County Squire.. transferred it to a jar and threw the bag into my office waste paper basket..
Every time I walk into the room it smells like Latakia and has me contemplating leaving dishes of English mixture out all over the house for Potpourri..

It that weird?

Not even a little bit. I had a bag of C&D Latakia in my desk drawer for just that purpose. Every time the smell went down I would just spray it and it would jump right back.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
^^^shut up weez, don't do it , ya want to be bad right now(for those that get my point)...?

Rebub24

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2019
It's not weird at all. I have heard of many people keeping a small amount of their favorite blend out to have the room note of the tobacco to enhance their environment.

Reactions: diamondback

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
There are actually high end perfumes and colognes that are scented like Latakia. Laudano Nero, and Fumerie Turque. So people do pay big bucks for that smell. Perhaps you should fill your pockets with it as well and go all out.

• Wow
Reactions: diamondback

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
There are actually high end perfumes and colognes that are scented like Latakia. Laudano Nero, and Fumerie Turque. So people do pay big bucks for that smell. Perhaps you should fill your pockets with it as well and go all out.
These are not scented with Latakia.. pretty sure they would get a lot of returns if they were.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN

I’m at my Dad’s for a few days looking after him as he just got a pacemaker installed. Anyway, this Gwyneth Paltrow ‘meme’ had us both laughing so hard I was afraid he was gonna blow!

It was the right thing at the right time. We’d been discussing that exact issue.

Anyway, we are in your debt for a much-needed laugh! The best medicine :)

?

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
These are not scented with Latakia.. pretty sure they would get a lot of returns if they were.
just going off of Wikipedia, it says, "A modern perfume called Fumerie Turque (Turkish Smoke) was created by French company Serge Lutens, reproducing a fragrance in emulation of Latakia tobacco"
And when I researched it it appeared that there were a few more out there. Not sure if it is scented with latakia, but they are certainly trying to mimic the scent.

Reactions: BROBS

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
it says this on the website too,

"An eagerly-awaited inclusion in the exports line (aren't they all?), Fumerie Turque evocatively weaves references to the honeyed tobaccos smoked in the seraglios of the Ottoman empire and the exotic cigarettes flaunted by the Garçonnes in the gender-bending 1920s. It can't be too much of a stretch to envision Fumerie Turque as Serge Lutens' tribute to Caron's trailblazing Tabac Blond – albeit with his trademark Oriental twist.

Smokey wisps of honeyed, fruity tobacco rise from a smooth, vanilla-flavored blend of tonka bean, styrax and Peru balsam, conjuring lazy winter afternoons smoking a hookah and nibbling rose-scented Turkish delights in a leather-paneled room. The rich, floral, faintly animal odor of beeswax rises from floors strewn with ornate rugs and polished daybeds. The scent of late-blooming jasmine wafts up from the palace gardens. Through the intricate wooden lace of a musharabieh, the Bosphorus glints in the sunset. Intoxicating and comforting, Fumerie Turque is the ultimate Orientalist reverie in a bottle. Succumb.
What We Think
Sweet, fresh pipe tobacco with surprisingly lush florals- a truly romantic unisex tobacco scent.
Fumerie Turque Notes
Corinthian raisins, white honey, candied Turkish rose, Egyptian jasmine, smoked leather, beeswax, Balkan tobacco, Peru Balsam, patchouli, tonka bean, styrax, juniper tar oil."

It's being sold for 375 bucks lol.

• Wow
Actually... I am not sure what brands, but there have been many articles posted years ago about using latakia in fragrances. It seems to be a real deal. There are WAY more that are scented with cigar leaf. I wear one sometimes, Aramis. It doesn't smell like cigars, but you can tell it is in there.

check out - 10 Tobacco-Infused Fragrances for Men - https://www.mensjournal.com/style/10-tobacco-infused-fragrances-men/10-tobacco-infused-fragrances-for-men-51479/

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I’m at my Dad’s for a few days looking after him as he just got a pacemaker installed. Anyway, this Gwyneth Paltrow ‘meme’ had us both laughing so hard I was afraid he was gonna blow!

It was the right thing at the right time. We’d been discussing that exact issue.

Anyway, we are in your debt for a much-needed laugh! The best medicine :)

?
Glad to help. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.