Is It OK Posting For Feedback On Perspective Pipe Purchases?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Posting re: an active eBay auction is a no-no? It may draw in unwanted competition, but other wise I don't think it is a bad thing. Unless it's your own auction, then, not o.k. at all.

How would anyone know whether or not an auction listing was mine or not, if I posted it here?

Mike S.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I thought we had to use all caps for the 1st letter of our post titles? - when I did not they were changed.

So no link to active ebay because 1) it looks like I am selling something (I would never but that's me) or 2) someone else may snag it now? (not too cool for this group) --- or both? haha

Thanks

I wasn't implying you were not posting correctly. It's just that most ruler whacked knuckles around here are for violation of rule #9. : )

Reactions: rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Snuffhouse, it’s a very low tech and friendly places. Some of the snuffs are awful on my sinuses, indulge a lot less and not so enamored with it since I got my pipe. Not sure if you’re in the US and only tried American snuffs but if so I’ve found them generally intolerable: English and Germany are where it’s at for me although many love Indian ones.
Only snuff I've tried was "Dental" brand Sweet. It's pretty harsh but still enjoyable. Very curious about Gawith snuffs, especially the ones with pipe tobacco equivalents! Firedance snuff...?
I suppose we should start a separate thread since we're going off topic on a thread about forum rules!??? Sorry Mods!

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
How would anyone know whether or not an auction listing was mine or not, if I posted it here?

Mike S.
One may be surprised if you went to enough trouble and the poster did not use a VPN.
IP addresses are like having your house address.

I tracked down some creeps that bought my stolen identity and used it to get a bunch of junk for about $8K.
I had their apartment number, names, landlords name, etc.
Did the credit companies care or worse- law enforcement? Nope and they used my darn SS# supplied by the Feds thanks to my vetting on file.

So do be careful out there. Just wanted to give a heads up because we are all traceable. If you use a VPN, you are just more work than it's worth in general but you can be found. Sad but true- so on that note, spark up a bowl, perhaps a cognac and forget I mentioned this.

Jan 27, 2020
Only snuff I've tried was "Dental" brand Sweet. It's pretty harsh but still enjoyable. Very curious about Gawith snuffs, especially the ones with pipe tobacco equivalents! Firedance snuff...?
I suppose we should start a separate thread since we're going off topic on a thread about forum rules!??? Sorry Mods!

Feel free to message me with any questions about snuff but I will say that I would not recommend it, I guess I got into it out of a curiosity. Even the best ones don’t have much nuance and I find the habit more manic than relaxing—I think I’ll drop it entirely. I was doing a bit too much tonight just before dinner and overdosed on nicotine (I probably have a low tolerance) and had to lay down and let it pass. Very unpleasant experience and not am isolated case.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Feel free to message me with any questions about snuff but I will say that I would not recommend it, I guess I got into it out of a curiosity. Even the best ones don’t have much nuance and I find the habit more manic than relaxing—I think I’ll drop it entirely. I was doing a bit too much tonight just before dinner and overdosed on nicotine (I probably have a low tolerance) and had to lay down and let it pass. Very unpleasant experience and not am isolated case.
Thx- I have a ton of sinus issues. Just add to that the fact I lose all my fav ebay bid outs on pipes. Excuse me while I smoke my pipe (in the 8" of snow keeping my trees alive).