PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Its funny that you should say that, because one of my local B&Ms has the same BS, "Cigars are allowed, but not pipes" attitude. I had never really given it much thought until the other day. I asked the proprietor why he had this rule in place, and his answer was, "We have had a lot of complaints about pipe smokers who smoke aromatic tobacco. Our cigar guys were complaining it was ruining the smell and the experience of their cigars." I pried him a little more and found out that apparently, his cigar business is way bigger than his pipe business, so I guess in his eyes, the pipe smokers arent all that important.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Like I said I would of told Him to kiss off and never go back BUT in all fairness it's like We say about smoking in bars, It should be up to the onwer and if He thinks He don't need us then we don't need Him.

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
I love my B&M they are mainly cigar based but realised i was pipe smoker and there are a few of us that frequent his shop. So he told us he didnt really know squat about pipes and just asks us what wed like to see on the shelf and tries to get it for us. He may be a bit more expensive than online but I do frequent his shop because to the good service i get there. Sounds like that guys just a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.