PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
It's a dark and stormy day here in Kentucky, so I'm smoking one of my two indoor-approved blends: GL Pease Virginia Cream in a James Upshall Lovat.
I also had an order in my SP cart when the coupon came through, so now there's about two pounds of tobacco headed my way.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
My cart was full of tobacco at some of the online shops. No big discounts so I'll empty the carts and wait for another day.
My smoke list today includes Squadron Leader, Bob's Chocolate Flake, and Black Frigate. Happy IPSD Everyone!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I plan on smoking some new to me Old Toby from the Country Squire out of my Washington Rob Roy that's been newly fitted with a red swirl acrylic forever stem for most of the day, followed by some Luxury Navy Flake out of my Ardor, then some Hal O' The Wynd in my Peterson Silver Spigot. When I get home, I will likely toss in a little Nightcap for good measure out of my Nording Churchwarden. It's gonna be a good day! Happy IPSD everybody! :puffy:

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Today is all work and no fun. A couple of days ago I received 8 tins of Royal Yacht and 2 tins of St James Flake. Tomorrow I'm getting 2 Capstan Blue, 3 Dunhill Dark Flake and an estate Peterson system pipe. I can't remember the shape :crazy:

I'll brag when it gets here.

Hell, maybe I'm going to celebrate anyway.

Dunno, 1792 Flake and a pint of beer maybe :lol:

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Popped my last tin of EMP this morning to kick off IPSD.
A thoughtful member here is sending me some more EMP so opening my last tin wasn't as traumatizing as I thought it would be. Thanks a bunch.
EMP and strong black coffee. Life is good.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Duane, sorry to hear about your bank account. Hopefully your bank will make you whole.
Thanks Jesse. Luckily I receive texts for all transactions. The suspect activities were caught while pending, and the funds were suspended and in the process of being returned to my account. Still a headache though.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Had the same thing happen to me just before last Thanksgiving. The suspect was located in Florida and my bank froze my account after they tried to transfer 13 different amounts of less than $100 each within a span of 10 minutes at 3 am. Bank asked if they were mine, and I said hell no, I was asleep. Also had another charge at a kennel somewhere in Wisconsin. I ain't never even been to Wisconsin. So shitty that's there're people out there that work so hard at stealing what others have. Had to get new cards and live off cash for the next couple of weeks. I hate it when that happens, but good thing you got a bank that cares.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Duane, my business credit card with the super special super secure chip has been hacked around 15 times in the last 3 1/2 years. Super frustrating. I feel your pain. At least my credit card carrier sends me a card to whatever city I'm in and allows me to call them with specific locations prior to a transaction if the new card hasn't arrived. I guess its the price of a modern world.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Thanks Jesse. Luckily I receive texts for all transactions. The suspect activities were caught while pending, and the funds were suspended and in the process of being returned to my account. Still a headache though.
I'm constantly swapping out passwords, adding extra security layers, etc, etc. It's a pain in the ass, but made necessary in today's scum infested internet.
I fantasize that I'll just pull the plug on all of it and just go feral.

The exact same thing happened to mine, down to it being Florida that the number was caught trying to be run for small amounts. My bank gave me a credit card to use for gas. They said that it was always gas stations where your number gets stripped. So, I use the credit card to buy my gas, and if/when my number gets stripped they don't have to close down my entire bank acct. And, the credit card actually pays out of my checking, but it has a one week delay. That and using Exxon. They said that actual Exxon stations have extra security between their pumps and the store's POS system.
Anyways, between using the card and using Exxon, I haven't had it happen again.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I was tempted by the deals, but am quite well stocked and got a new Wiley last week that I'm still breaking in. Gonna smoke at least three bowls today!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I'm constantly swapping out passwords, adding extra security layers, etc, etc. It's a pain in the ass, but made necessary in today's scum infested internet.
I think I'm going to start a "dummy" account to keep small amounts of funds to add to as needed to cover online expenditures.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
They said that it was always gas stations where your number gets stripped
Yep,that and shitty hotels. I don't get to pick where the assignment is and sometimes all that is available in rural areas are dive motels.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
500G of St James Plug coming across the pond. Fantastic.
Ordered 10 tins of Troost Slices right before this but I am declaring it all in honor of IPSD. Now I just have to wait a few weeks... :lol:

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Finally getting around to the Irwin's inaugural smoke. I love Haddo's!
20190220_123342.jpg

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
I did have my eye on a meer at SP but someone beat me to it before I could finish putting my order together. Im going to say it wasn't for me and I can wait for another to come along. In hindsight I should have ordered from P&C last week as I would have saved more on the preipsd offer. I'm considering getting a few samples from The Country Squire, I've been meaning to try Shepherd's Pie but never got around to it. Tonight's smoke will be from dwindling supply of McClellands Top Quality Gold & Toasted. (If anyone can recommend a similar blend please let me know.. tried 1Q and it just didn't sit well with me)

Status
Not open for further replies.