PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Kens was also very welcoming and open with me, I think the forum activity on James Upshall really re-kindled is passion for the briar! I'm fortunate that he shared his knowledge with me, regarding my 2015 "Selected" Countryman. I saved his reply:

At the Charatan factory, the three hand-turners were Dan Tennison, Stan Haney and Barry Jones.
The Countryman was an extra large rather bulbous bent with a smooth straight-grain top part of the
bowl, a ring-bead and a sandblasted lower part of the bowl. the shank was nice and thick-round
with a saddle mouthpiece. These were always hand-turned and not a 'series catalogue shape'. They
were not common and made every so often (in the late 1960s- late 1970s)as and when the plateau
dictated it. These were really rare handmades. I have now only just noticed that you put a link in
for me of the pipe! Nice piece!!!!! Selected!!!! probably made by Dan Tennison.

1642124028889.jpeg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

Very rare and interesting, in questionable condition.
Jesse ?
I was watching this one and intended to make a bid, but forgot to do so, so I guess it just wasn't that important to me. It's rare. The Elite was a line of pipes that were rusticated to mimic grain, not unlike the Sasieni Rustic. This is only the 2nd one I've seen in the last 8 years. The stem looks like a replacement, and would need to be replaced. Era is '20's to '30's.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Super size??? Not really. This is the pipe.

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: orlandofurioso

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just could not believe that beautiful Peterson supreme XL02 sold for only 176,-$ on Ebay today...No love for older supremes?
9 mm filter pipe, I'm sure that held it back, and a not well known seller (ripped off deadmanspipes name - this is a UK seller deadmanpipes)

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
9 mm filter pipe, I'm sure that held it back, and a not well known seller (ripped off deadmanspipes name - this is a UK seller deadmanpipes)

that may be true...I have noticed several pipes on Ebay which would sold easy 2 years ago are they just sitting for long time likely because they are from overseas and shipping these days from there may be troublesome...

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Lovely pipe in fine condition, my favourite Peterson shape .

Reactions: NC TX ID pipeman

Sidehatch

Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Been lurking on eBay and stumbled on this birth year dunhill. Its listed by a seller great-estate-pipes and is currently at 510!! I am by no means educated on pipe history or what makes this pipe extra special (the gold spigot?) but any info on this current sale would be interesting to hear1644064819318.jpeg

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Hello Sidehatch,
This is a wonderful pipe and the seller is absolute top notch. Apart from that ; Dunhill pipes from the seventies do not speak to me.
However; this is a thread about completed Ebay auctions and this one is not.
If your concern is about the seller ; no fear :)

Reactions: OzPiper and jguss

Sidehatch

Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Hello Sidehatch,
This is a wonderful pipe and the seller is absolute top notch. Apart from that ; Dunhill pipes from the seventies do not speak to me.
However; this is a thread about completed Ebay auctions and this one is not.
If your concern is about the seller ; no fear :)
Good day orlandofurioso,
My bad on wrong thread. Wasn’t sure where to post and figured if it was an auction item maybe close enough. My concern wasn’t about the seller per se, but the value on the pipe. It’s value is ultimately what someone is willing to pay for it, but I don’t know enough to not overpay for something. I was curious to get a few opinions on a price for an item like this. 500 is a good price? Or this item should fetch 800? I’m clueless.

where should I move this discussion? Just open new thread in pipe talk? Can mods move it? Or I just repost?