PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My Old Bear got here and I do admire it. The size is larger than my Opinel, so it fits a different niche, which makes it more valuable to me, and the carbon blade seems excellent, as does the walnut handle. I'd have preferred the locking mechanism be made of metal, not plastic, but if it lasts, I have no complaints. It's a beauty. As I said, folding knives collect me.

Aug 1, 2012
My Old Bear got here and I do admire it. The size is larger than my Opinel, so it fits a different niche, which makes it more valuable to me, and the carbon blade seems excellent, as does the walnut handle. I'd have preferred the locking mechanism be made of metal, not plastic, but if it lasts, I have no complaints. It's a beauty. As I said, folding knives collect me.
Yours has a plastic lock? Mine is metal. I wonder why the difference.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe old eyes. I'll re-inspect. It's black of color, the lock mechanism, and felt warmer like plastic, but I'll look again. It's a sturdy knife overall.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Yours has a plastic lock? Mine is metal. I wonder why the difference."

I just looked the knives up on the internet and it seems some have a white metal locking tab and others have a black plastic locking tab.

Nice knives.

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: radrick96

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Right on Hawky, not so perfect this end but somehow managing to plod along with life. Great to see you again buddy, try and stay around ?

Hope all is well your end chum :sher:

Regards,

Jay.?
I’m here, just more on the sidelines. Don’t have as much time to post these days as I used to but I am trying to be more active in the community as time permits. My posts are just a lot more short and straight to the point now. It’s definitely good to see some familiar faces (avatars) around these parts. Sure are a lot of new members too, that’s great to see as well!

Reactions: mawnansmiff

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Right on Hawky, not so perfect this end but somehow managing to plod along with life. Great to see you again buddy, try and stay around ?

Hope all is well your end chum :sher:

Regards,

Jay.?

By the way, I’m sorry things aren’t so perfect on your end... I think I remember you having some health issues, I’m glad you are managing to plod along with life though! Did you have to give up the pipe or am I misremembering this?

Keep plodding along my friend! Hopefully you’ll push through and make out better on the other end of this. I’m rooting for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: mawnansmiff
Status
Not open for further replies.