PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

James8855

Might Stick Around
Sep 23, 2019
It worse to inhale aromatic pipe?
Does the topping or added flavouring stay in your lungs forever if you inhale?

I inhaled by mistake hahaha.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You are going to inhale some of the smoke from your pipe, whatever genre or blend you smoke. I don't think intentionally inhaling is a good idea. The inhalation from ambient air and from around the edges in the smoking process is inevitable, perhaps a risk and maybe a small one. I wouldn't make a habit of huffing, ever. Moderation in smoking is always better than not.

James8855

Might Stick Around
Sep 23, 2019
You are going to inhale some of the smoke from your pipe, whatever genre or blend you smoke. I don't think intentionally inhaling is a good idea. The inhalation from ambient air and from around the edges in the smoking process is inevitable, perhaps a risk and maybe a small one. I wouldn't make a habit of huffing, ever. Moderation in smoking is always better than not.
What about toppings and flavouring? Do they stay in your lungs or do the lungs clean themselves?

• Wow
Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I want to be a pipe apologist and say that living among humanity, we inhale a lot of random stuff. City folks have the whole buffet of fumes and industry. Folks in the country have crop dusters, fertilizers, hog farms and industrial chicken houses. Most people have furniture materials, heating emissions, "deodorizers," and much more. Burning anything gives you benzo(a)pyrene, which isn't good. So, don't have your crops dusted too often and you may do fine. If you live in the pristine wilderness, you could have a dead deer right up the creek.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I want to be a pipe apologist and say that living among humanity, we inhale a lot of random stuff. City folks have the whole buffet of fumes and industry. Folks in the country have crop dusters, fertilizers, hog farms and industrial chicken houses. Most people have furniture materials, heating emissions, "deodorizers," and much more. Burning anything gives you benzo(a)pyrene, which isn't good. So, don't have your crops dusted too often and you may do fine. If you live in the pristine wilderness, you could have a dead deer right up the creek.
A lady where I used to work would always crop dust right by my desk.

Buckler

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 25, 2020
NSW, AUSTRALIA
If you find yourself turning green when you are getting angry, say in traffic.. get out of the car quick smart if you like it the shape it is ... ?

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
You shouldn't care.

If you live in a city you shouldn't care what you inhale because you are already going to die an early death from inhaling all the other crap you inhale.

If you live in the country where the air is cleaner, you shouldn't care because you are already healthier than the average city-fied person inhaling all that crap they inhale...so why not do it?

See? You shouldn't care.

Eaglesgift

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Chiang Mai
Well, it can’t be any worse than vaping as the humectants in some aromatic tobaccos are propylene glycol and glycerol (which is the same as glycerin I think). These are the two primary ingredients of e-juices so I’d think you’d be getting a lot less exposure than someone who vapes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, some folks, often older (and I'm in that category to most of you) lose their sense of smell to a degree, so when they put on scent, or any product with scent, they put on most of the bottle or jar, so they can smell it themselves. When these folks get together, it amounts to chemical warfare. A group of sweet elderly women passing you on the street or sitting near in a theater can make your head spin with the fragrance industrie's brew of "smells-just-like" chemicals. And this sure isn't gender specific. Some of my colleagues at work, male, used to lean on the spray fragrances until the whole building glowed. I guess to some it was a free high. It certainly took your mind somewhere else.

• Love
Reactions: chopper and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.