PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Well, it can’t be any worse than vaping as the humectants in some aromatic tobaccos are propylene glycol and glycerol (which is the same as glycerin I think). These are the two primary ingredients of e-juices so I’d think you’d be getting a lot less exposure than someone who vapes.

Problem is, tobacco has other things. Nicotine isn't what will get you. It's all the stuff dumped on tobacco while they are growing. And tar and other stuff. Vape doesn't have them, but leaves we smoke does. Might not be as bad as tobacco going into cigarettes, but still there's tar and crap.

Eaglesgift

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Chiang Mai
Problem is, tobacco has other things. Nicotine isn't what will get you. It's all the stuff dumped on tobacco while they are growing. And tar and other stuff. Vape doesn't have them, but leaves we smoke does. Might not be as bad as tobacco going into cigarettes, but still there's tar and crap.
Yes, sure, but I was talking purely about the flavourings the OP seems to be worried about. I wasn't trying to make a direct comparison between inhaling vapour and inhaling pipe tobacco smoke.

Reactions: BROBS and bullet08

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Tailor-made cigarettes have 300-600 added chemicals.
Pipe tobacco has none [apart from aromatics that might have a little PG or glycerol]

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Those perfume counters in department stores; whew, something ain't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.