PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
After waiting so long to get my Grousemoor on and just having my second bowl my reaction is a bit meh. I suppose I was expecting to feel adoration or disgust but was greeted with a slight indifference. Don’t get me wrong I found it enjoyable enough and really dug the tin note but no much else. Perhaps I need to go higher up on the Lakeland scale?
I very much disliked Grousemoor the first time I tried it. I forced myself to try it agsan a couple of times and almost came to accept it, but nah!
I don't think there is any tobacco in there. It's all lemongrass and some moss, I think. Certainly no nicotine. It might work in a soup or a chicken stew.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
I very much disliked Grousemoor the first time I tried it. I forced myself to try it agsan a couple of times and almost came to accept it, but nah!
I don't think there is any tobacco in there. It's all lemongrass and some moss, I think. Certainly no nicotine. It might work in a soup or a chicken stew.

Haha! Lemongrass and moss, spot on! I've been struggling with figuring out how to describe the flavors but lemongrass and (damp) moss is perfect!
I still like it anyhow ?

Reactions: workman

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Where does the lemongrass in the Faroe Islands come from? I think I know where the moss comes from. ? Being from a place where we grew lemongrass, I don't really detect it in Gmoor.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Using Grousemoor as your initial verdict on lakelands is a bit of a skewed experiment I think. It has maybe a 3-6 on a flavour potency scale, but as far as specific flavour it actually has its own thing going on and I find it quite apart from the other lakeland blends. I can tell it is from Lakeland I guess, but still it is quite a unique flavour to its self.
I agree...it's been a while since I got my hands on some, but Grousemoor is very distinctly it's own thing. I consider it to be in a category of one. It's one of those things where you can't say "oh, they are out of Grousemoor, I'll get this other one that's similar to it".

Reactions: Gecko

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Where does the lemongrass in the Faroe Islands come from? I think I know where the moss comes from. ? Being from a place where we grew lemongrass, I don't really detect it in Gmoor.
I have never bothered to look for it in the wild. Nothing else grows here, so why should lemongrass?
When I'm lucky, I can get it fresh at the supermarket. Otherwise I settle with dried, powdered product. I do use it in soup, lemongrass that is.
I love the smell of lemongrass. It's just so fresh and delicious. Unfortunately the tin note of Grousemoor isn't like that. It's pure juicy fruit.

Reactions: mingc

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I'm sorry to say I am in the category of extreme dislike of Grousemoor. This year I've been trying blends I've always wanted to try, but never got around to. Some wonderful discoveries, and some duds. The funny thing about this blend, is that I can see how others would like it. It definitely has a unique flavor. It kind of reminds me of Earl Grey tea maybe, with some floral notes or something? I'm not sure if that is what others get, but it just didn't work for me.

I like Lakelands, and yep I definitely get Earl Grey floral-type notes.

I noticed light Lakeland notes in Stonehenge and Hyde Park also, but I think either S.G. or G&H are/were involved in their production.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I also expected more from Grousemoor. Then I tried Grasmere and yearned for less. After that I tried Bosun and found the sweet spot.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Haven't tried Grousemoor, looking at tobaccoreviews makes me not want to as pure Virginias don't do anything for me. 1792 flake on the other hand shot into my top 5 from the first flake.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Man when I first tried it I thought it was the most unique tobacco I have ever smoked, probably still is. I like it a lot (prefer the plug) but I rarely smoke it these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.