In Love With My New Peterson

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I just got my first Peterson and I absolutely love it. It took me weeks of deliberation and research to finally decide on a new pipe and it hade to have certain specificactions. It had to be lightweight and not overly large and it had to have a filter. The P-lip I found intriguing so I decided it also had to have that. This limited the Peterson range considerably, unfortunately. I finally decided on an Emerald 221. I wasn’t to sure about the rustication but decided I could live with it.

When it arrived I was really pleased with it but it wouldn’t draw. Turns out the stem had not been drilled properly. The supplier quickly rectified the situation but I’d mentioned it on a FB group which resulted in someone from Peterson reaching out with an apology! The second pipe was perfect and I love the rusticated look as it happens.

The first experience with the p-lip was an absolute enlightenment! It was an absolute joy. For the first time ever I started to enjoy the subtleties of different tobaccos. I could actually TASTE them instead of just getting a tongue blast which meant all I could really taste was burning tobacco. I also started practicing the breath method and, combined with the Emerald, slowed everything down considerably so no tongue bite (or even the tingle of one) whatsoever. I used to get some tongue bite years ago and even now can just get the hint of it if I’m not careful but the p-lip bypasses that completely I found.

The only problem I foresee in the future is I worry that the P-lip may have spoiled me and that any new pipes I purchase will have to be Peterson’s. 😂

IMG_0880.jpeg

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
Nice Pete you have there Sir. I have a similar 05 Emerald. I love it and the P Lip as well. Don't get overconfident. Roof of the mouth burn is real.
I 2nd getting a system, what a smoking experience those pipes are
I have a few Pete straights and can’t warm up to the p lip. They may work a on a hand held codger pipe.

Reactions: steelarts

draysniro

Lurker
Mar 11, 2024
I just finished my first bowl with my first Peterson System with the P-Lip, I was leery of the P-lip at first, but I actually really like it. It's much smaller than my fishtail and is a lot easier to clench for me. I'm already looking at more system pipes now, lol. Pic is my new System (Saint Patrick's Day 2024 Rusticated (305) P-Lip).

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpeg
    IMG_0445.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 4

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
That's a nice 221. I'm also realizing I love the p-lip instead of just being neutral about it. The question now is what's your next Pete? If you want something a little bit lighter and want to try the full system, I’d suggest a 317 or 313.

I have a few Pete straights and can’t warm up to the p lip. They may work a on a hand held codger pipe.
I can clench and smoke the pipe for ages without removing it from my mouth. Unless you’re just putting the mouthpiece between your lips and sipping I find the P-lip is as easy to smoke as the regular mouthpiece. I honestly don’t see why anyone would have any difficulty smoking it.

That's a nice 221. I'm also realizing I love the p-lip instead of just being neutral about it. The question now is what's your next Pete? If you want something a little bit lighter and want to try the full system, I’d suggest a 317 or 313.
I’m really tempted by the Sherlock Holmes ‘Hudson’ I must admit.

Yeah but that lighter! I like that as much as the pipe!
That’s my old Zippo that I etched and engraved for myself (I’m an engraver by trade) about 25 years ago. It’s stood up well to a lot of use and abuse in that time. Even when I quit smoking I still use it a lot for work. My only regret is I only embellished one side.