PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Haven't posted there in awhile. Used to post just pipes then started posting action shot of me sitting still puffing away (more like sipping away, but puffing sounds better). Due to number of personal issues, my pipe smoking is way down, so haven't posted there in some months. Personally, WAYS thread is a rather important part of this forum. It actually shows what we do. Not just talking about it, but showing what we smoke and what pipe we use. Can't understand why someone will make an issue out of it. Unless, the person has few features missing from the face or something.. Not that there's anything wrong with that! But, mouth is rather an important part unless you can smoke with one or both nostrils. I guess that means clenching is out of question. Unless the button fits in one of the nostrils. Yeah, if you don't clench, and don't have a mouth, you need at least one nostril.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Let me tell you as an amateur pipe maker/restorer, tad and pad ridden simple type of SOB. It's damn cool to see people smoking and enjoying pipes you put blood, sweat and tears into (exaggeration maybe šŸ¤”) but na it's humbling and encouraging and inspiring and all the other big words I can't spell lol. I appreciate the WAYS thread

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I havenā€™t seen any negative comments regarding the WAYS thread in a long time. Years ago there were people who complained that WAYS posters were racking up huge post and approval numbers for little in the way of effort and that the amount of data needed to be stored was hogging too much of the siteā€™s server capacity, etc, etc.
I rarely go there, as I have no interest in posting what Iā€™m smoking and little personal interest in what others are smoking.
That said, the WAYS thread is in some ways the purest expression of what a pipe forum is about.
Long live the WAYS thread!

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Anybody disses WAYS, I'm unleashing a Five Brothers fueled @Tate double-fisting jagged clay pipe stems. Go ahead, mess around and find out!!

**This message is the view of the Creator of this post.

**@Tate was not associated with this post and is not represented by the content.

**No animals were harmed typing this message.

**But seriously, mess around and find out!

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
This being the first forum and only forum I've participated in... I'm still trying to crack the emoji code. I feel that they are fickle, backstabbing, evil little things that can't be trusted. Sometimes they're there and then they're not, they hopscotch over you and kick you in the balls, they drain you like an energy vampire, and play games that leave you confused and haunt your dreams. I suffer from emoji fatigue, and wonder if someday an emoji ignore feature will be created so that I can participate in ignorant bliss. -Sleepless in Texas ā™„ļøā˜ŗļøšŸ˜ šŸ‘æā˜¹ļøšŸ‘

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I really enjoy seeing different pipes and discovering tobacco blends in WAYS. I hope to make some of my own pipes someday and itā€™s always enlightening to see what is possible. My interest in types of pipes and tobacco is catholic (small ā€œcā€)ā€”a budget five dollar pipe can be appreciated as much as a four figure pipe, whether Iā€™m looking at it or smoking it. I also use WAYS as a tool: as my collection has grown over the years, I have shifted from dedicating genres of tobaccos to pipes to dedicating specific blends to pipes (I kind of have enough to do so at this point in time); I look up pipes Iā€™ve posted to see what Iā€™ve smoked in it and make decisions based on its history what blend to begin to dedicate. Iā€™m also slowly creating a spreadsheet of my various pipes (which might help my family when I pop off this mortal coil) and use my posts to help put that together.

Status
Not open for further replies.