I'm Seriously Thinking About Taking Up Religion!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
New Cigars
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
I've seen a couple of documentaries on The Jonestown massacre and they didn't actually drink Kool-Aid. It was some cheap knock off instead. I can't remember the name of it though. Poor old Kool-Aid got the blame☹. I wonder if it had any effect on their sales? They do say that there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Never hear any jokes about Jonestown.

Guess the punch line is too long.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I've seen a couple of documentaries on The Jonestown massacre and they didn't actually drink Kool-Aid. It was some cheap knock off instead. I can't remember the name of it though. Poor old Kool-Aid got the blame☹. I wonder if it had any effect on their sales? They do say that there's no such thing as bad publicity.
flavor-aid I think lime flavored specifically.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I get the chills when Jonestown comes up. It is such a soul wrenching terrible tale of evil that it is almost unbearable. I'm not offended by the jokes in any way. It is just too terrible to be funny.
Luckily Manowar made a great song about it, the only good thing to come out of that horror of horrors:

Reactions: mawnansmiff
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I get the chills when Jonestown comes up. It is such a soul wrenching terrible tale of evil that it is almost unbearable. I'm not offended by the jokes in any way. It is just too terrible to be funny.
Luckily Manowar made a great song about it, the only good thing to come out of that horror of horrors:

Dark humor is just a way of dealing with/reconciling some pretty horrible things. I get it though. Everyone has their line. There are things that are off limits for me too, as far as jokes are concerned.

Reactions: kurtbob and workman
Status
Not open for further replies.