PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
As I have been hanging out on this great forum I have noticed that a very high percentage of the members have beards and lots of hair. As I am follicular-ily (I made that up) challenged the concept of a beard and pipe smoking intrigues me. So I am wondering/asking if those of you with beards/long hair would be willing to share your pictures and perhaps inspire me to let my beard grow out once again. I used to grow a beard during the winter months but haven't done so for many a decade now. I think it would be interesting to do so since most of the stubble on my chin and cheeks is gray.
Anyway, without putting your privacy at risk if you would be willing to share beard pictures I think it would be great.

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
20150705_194215-1-427x600.jpg

My beard is coming in well. My hair is brown but my beard is red.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks guys!

That totally rocks!

I think I gotta get permission from She who must be obeyed and start mine.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
booker, my last one also came in white and I was told it made me look old. Oh well.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Yeah shikano, I've noticed the same thing. Not so much from the members here on the forum, but by people I know personally.

That, and a lot of pipe smokers are partial to hats. Not just they ubiquitous ball cap, but real hats with brims.

I wear a straw Panama Fedora a lot of the time, but I've never had a beard.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hey Max that is an interesting comment.

I'm going to start the beard growing officially today and I always wear a hat sometimes a ball cap but a brimmed hat as well.

This is getting surreal.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
The last two winters I just let my beard go wild. Then I have removed it about 6 months later as it starts to warm up and the pressure increases from my better half. My kids want me to keep growing it until it hits my belly button. They joke that my head shrunk after I shave.
This picture is the day I finished making my first pipe in late march. Man I look a little pale and mean but hey its late march!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It's kind of funny - I've always pictured Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters with a gigantic bent bulldog hanging out of his jib!

I have had a beard of some sort since I was 16, starting with a goatee (before the hair on the sides would grow in) up to a full beard today. I have just always thought of myself as bearded. Even as a kid, my image of myself has always included a beard. I shaved once after my first daughter was born and my dad had died, and I couldn't recognize myself in mirrors. I will not ever do that again. Might as well cut off my nose or ears.

Pipes have had nothing to do with my beard, and if anything makes it so that it hold in the stink of my pipe tobacco for longer.

I don't use any of those special grooming oils or what-nots for beards. I just carry a military style boars bristle brush with me to keep it groomed and soft.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Still about the same as my avatar. Working on a handlebar now, at the request of my daughters. And yep, love my hat!

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Oh my gosh!

You guys! That is totally awesome!
Here is a picture of me as of today, July 25 2015 one day before my 62 birthday and the start of my beard growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.