If You Were Stranded On a Deserted Island With Only One Tobacco...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
Which one would you would hope it would be? Imagine a big wooden barrel of it to last your lifetime!
I am a new piper exploring aromatics, burleys and English blends. I am hoping your answers made under the extreme focus of being on a island will give me more tobaccos to consider trying out!
Thanks in advance for humoring me!
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I myself am I new pipe smoker (1+ year) and am still finding blends that I really enjoy enough to cellar.
This question has been asked numerous times but it's always fun to start a fresh thread to see how peoples answers change.
My top choices would be:
#1 GL Pease Jack Knife Plug

#2 Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding

#3 MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired

#4 GL Pease Stratford

#5 C&D Black Frigate
Hard to choose just one.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
My usual answer to threads like this is C&D's Pegasus, but after thinking about it I'd have to say 5 Brothers. My reasons are as follows:

1. Has plenty of nicotine to keep me alert.

2. I could roll it in palm leaves found on the island.

3. I could smoke it in a pipe carved from wood found on the island.

4. If I'm desperate I could even chew it.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
@ray47 Oooooh, I was so close! I just bought a tin of Pegasus to try!
@docrameous

If you like OTC blends like Carter Hall or Prince Albert you'll enjoy Pegasus. It's an all day smoke that won't wear you out after repeated bowls. I've bought pounds of it over the years and always buy it in bulk. I'm tempted to try the tinned version. I bought Haunted Bookshop in the 8oz tin and found it a lot better then the bulk. Sorry about going off thread.

Reactions: saintpeter

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Up untill a few months ago, I would have said Carter Hall. But after about a year of trying some real tobacco, I'm going to go with C&D Briar fox. It gives me a good nic buzz that Carter Hall can't do.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
"Condor long cut (flake)" only if it was Irish!....if not then it would have to be Butternut Burley, I can smoke that all day long...every day....I like it that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.