If You Haven't Tried Chatham Manor, Are You Even A Piper?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Boy, do I stand corrected here. :ROFLMAO:

I guess in my own enthusiasm for Chatham Manor, I’ve recommended it strongly recently and even commented in another thread here recently that smoking a pipe might not be for you if you don’t like it. Well, hell! That’ll teach me.

There are four of the Mid Town blends that provoked me into a TAD relapse, and this was one of them. Chestnut and Prince Andrew are two more. I like Prince Albert (quite a bit sometimes, actually), Carter Hall and I miss the old Walnut, but I totally dig these supposed copycats.

Then there’s Sweet Cask. Really yummy cob fodder. It’s so much better than the blend it presumedly matches, it’s not even worth mentioning Sugar Barrel.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
They say Funkenhouser likes to make friends..
Aw, you’re a kind soul. I can’t conscientiously impose even if the offer is made, since the letter of the law also subjects anyone who willingly ships tobacco to a WA resident to the same penalties. It’s a Class C felony with a fine of like $5000, and I’m not willing to get anyone else in hot water over a bit of tobacco.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Aw, you’re a kind soul. I can’t conscientiously impose even if the offer is made, since the letter of the law also subjects anyone who willingly ships tobacco to a WA resident to the same penalties. It’s a Class C felony with a fine of like $5000, and I’m not willing to get anyone else in hot water over a bit of tobacco.
He can just paste a label on the parcel with the biohazard sign and the description, "Funky Coronavirus samples/specimens: do not break seals". ;)

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

well.. I don't know any Washington cops. I'm mainly out of their jurisdiction. I know my Sheriff ain't against it... but they've certainly made a threat. ?

Reactions: Misanthrope

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Tried CM.. didn't hit the spot, nor did I find it a good match. I think anyone who tries it with that in mind is likely to be disappointed, as it seems to be more "in the spirit of" than trying to replicate it.

Have friends up your way. Not sure exactly where you are, but reservation seem to be a good way to get some stuff, if you don't want to involve third parties. I am down in Oregon, and they've been threatening to follow suit..God help us.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Why would I ever smoke cheap bulk shit like Chatham when I can smoke the best tobacco in the world. I wouldn't allow Chatham into my house as it is not worthy to come close to my stash of nothing but the worlds finest.

Seriously, if you love it that is all that matters. You might hate all of my blends, but I doubt it.

Reactions: ekert

judas530

Lurker
Mar 21, 2018
Id like to try that blend. Ive got a can of Carter Hall that Im working on atm. Wanna see which one I wanna order next time around.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I doubt I'll try it as ordering from pipes and cigars is too risky for duties for me in Canada. Plus, though I like the taste, Carter Hall and Prince Albert both irritate the back of my throat for some odd reason, so I smoke Half & Half for my burley/codger fix, doesn't bother my throat.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
But it's OK to take over part of the city and riot... WTH. Jacked up priorities right there.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
But it's OK to take over part of the city and riot... WTH. Jacked up priorities right there.

Yep. I gave up trying to understand this place a few years ago. Weed is good, tobacco is bad, violent protests are okay, small businesses like mine pay the state something like 1.5% of gross (not net) revenue every quarter while huge businesses get a pass, pipe tobacco costs like $100 a pound and eye-watering dog rockets that would make a hobo slap you if you offered him one cost the same as a premium cigar everywhere else, health care premiums are ridiculously high, and deductibles suck so bad that you'd have to get hit by a bus and spontaneously combust just to make a dent in your 5-figure deductible, and don't get me started on the rental situation here. I can't wait until we're in a position to move back to Texas. ?

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
A piper is someone who has played bagpipes for at least 7 years. I just happened to be a piper. A pipe smoker is someone who smokes tobacco using a pipe. Most of the forum members are pipe smokers.

No, I haven't had CM. But do enjoy CH in cob pipes.
I have no idea why, I have zero Scottish or Asturian ancestry, but I love bagpipes. I always wish I knew how to play them. From Flogging Molly to Jose Angel Hevia, I dig it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.