PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
One more "Favourite" question. We've had your favourite blend and top three recently. This time; If you were only allowed to smoke blends from a single brand which would you choose?
For me it would be a little tricky as my number one favourite blend at the moment is Dunhill Flake, but I am less keen on Dunhills other blends. They are all great quality, just not to my taste.
If I was limited to the tobaccos from a single manufacturer, it would be from Samuel Gawith. They make a wonderful English blend with Squadron Leader, a nice gentle aromatic in eitehr Celtic Talisman or Grousemoor and my favourite "Navy" blend with their Navy Flake
Which single Brand would you choose and why? Is it because they make your favourite blend or, like me, because they have a good selection you enjoy?

Jul 15, 2011
It would be a close call for me between either MacBaren or McClelland, but I think that McClelland would have the slight edge if nothing else for the fact that they make the Frog Morton series, which has been my go to lately. MacBaren makes a really quality tobacco at a great price though, and I have not tried a blend yet from them that I didn't like. On the other hand, McClelland is based in my fathers home town of Kansas City, Missouri, so I like the hometown pride. Can we pick two? :mrgreen:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I never tire of these threads because they provide the opportunity to assess and re-assess what we find important and preferred. They also spark new ideas.
That said, the favored brand is something that requires no thought on my part.
Gawith Hoggarth and Co above all else!

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
Cornell and Diehl is really good but I'd probably go with MacBaren. Is the stuff that Scotty makes at pipes and cigars considered a brand?

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Mine has to be Gawith & Hoggarth because of the vast range they produce, their flakes, ready rubbed and plug are all enticing and there is a blend for every pipe smokes tastes.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
I would have to say Cornell and Diehl because their blends are the top two on my top three list, and I'm sure they have something to replace my PA with if need be.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I like blends from a lot of different blenders.If I had to pick just one though it would be McClelland it's my over all favorite.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
What brands have the most blends to choose from? C&D have over 200, and that might be a good reason to go with them.

terry

Oct 7, 2011
Too many varibles in that question...for some..the answer might be how much nicotine is in the blend...for others...it might be the room note...just saying!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Samuel Gawith or McClelland. I smoke more Samuel Gawith than anything at the moment because it is readily available at my local B&M, but both have a high quality and quite varied selection of tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.