If you could only smoke one blend, what would it be?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
Impossible.

Seems like I never get through a day with just one particular blend.

However, if forced at gunpoint to choose one...it would be...and I can't believe I'm saying this...Captain Black Royal.

Oh, I could select my old go-to Prince Albert, but in the last few days I find myself smokin' more and more CBR.

How is this possible?

I don't even like aros.

But this stuff is so light, flavorful, slow-burning, smokey and bite-less I can't resist. Plus, I love the room note.

I don't even know what possessed me to buy CBR (the blue pouch?), but I'm glad I did.

Me and the Cap. We're tight.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
If I could only smoke one blend? Easy.....Frog Morton on the Town.
The blend satisfies both my English and aromatic cravings and SWMBO likes the room note.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
I'm still experimenting with different blends, so how do I separate the infatuation of newness from true love? I am speaking of my new tin of Solani X Sweet Mystery, which really is working for me. But what happens when love turns cold? Do you turn to another? Or stand steadfast? Feel free to keep asking this question. I hope to have a firmer answer in a few years.
Simon

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
Some how I have to say it's TB's HoneyMaple, I just picked some up Sat. First time I have tried it, but I'm loving it! It must have a pleasing room note to, because cuz. came over and wouldn't leave. She tried to get me to smoke all 2oz. of it!

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
1 blend! Would have to be #13 by Pipeworks & Wilke - for English.

Klasic Burley Kake by H&H for aromatic cravings.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Peterson Irish Oak. It is just a very easy smoke and I like the not too aromatic taste.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I used to be mostly a SWR puffer. But no one carries it locally anymore... so I became a Carter Hall fan for awhile too. Now, I'm slowly buying and sometimes mixing.

Mainly I'm waiting on the tobacco I've grown to dry enough to be useable.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
P.A. because it's mild and generic tasting. Can't get excited about it,

but it's an "unfinicky" smoke, and it satisfies with an honest tobacco taste.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
If things became so grim as to force me into such a decision it would be a toss up between a 38 wadcutter behind my left ear or Prince Albert!

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
without having tried hundreds of different blends as several members have, I'm limited to what I know best. Would never want to be without my Davidoff Flake Meddalions.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
@flanative: I hear ya!
It's not a "real" question. There isn't some dystopian future where we are at war with Eastasia and your ration kit will have three grams of "Big Brother's Own" pipe tobacco.
Personally, I always rotate blends and pipes, depending on what I feel like. Even if the greatest blend on Earth was revealed to me by a chorus of angels singing on high, I would still rotate, if only to appreciate anew the flavors of it when I came back to it.
I think we can agree that at some level, we're all pipe enthusiasts here. Part of our enthusiasm has to be the exploration of variations on the pipe experience. This question, while evil on the outside, is just a way to get you to gut check and think about what is your favorite if you had to forsake all others. It reminds me of a question my seven-year-old daughter asked me the other night. After watching a tropical getaway commercial on TV, I'd explained to her that everyone had different ideas of paradise. So she asked me: "What is your paradise?" I stopped and thought about it. And I found it wasn't palm trees or exotic getaways or room service. It was just being wherever she and her mother and brother were. It's a bit like folks here finding that they would choose PA or Captain Black or 1Q.
I hadn't thought about it before and after thinking about it, I think I felt a little more at peace with my life and choices I've made.
It doesn't mean that I don't like getting out into the big ol' world, though... :)
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.