PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Shit. That's a hard question. Seriously. Last meal and can choose only one. Don't get me wrong. I believe in the capital punishment. The brutal, the better. But at the same time, I believe there should be a limit as to who gets the axe. Woman beater, child molesters, rapists.. they get automatic death penalty. A murder beyond normal means and extreme cruelty..

As to the last meal, whatever they want. Mine, if I'm the asshole, would be simple southern cooking and Korean. Depends on the time of the day, breakfast will be gravy biscuit with country ham and hazelnuts flavored coffee and Korean abalone porridge. For lunch, NYC hot pastrami and double cooked fries and Korean noodles in beef broth. For dinner, chicken liver covered in onion and gravy with rice with ton of gravy, and Korean blood sausage soup with all the organ meats and pepper sauce.

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I love/hate these questions. It's fun to spend some time on a Saturday early afternoon on the porch with a cob full of Carter Hall and contemplate. But how would one choose?

For me, it would be the aforementioned cob/Carter Hall or Oriental Silk in my Bones Arbutus Sitter and for the same reasons. I really love my cobs, and that Bones is such a wonderful driving pipe. And my particular example has almost formed a symbiotic relationship with Oriental Silk. Neither of the 4 are particularly rare or expensive, all deliver a perfectly serviceable smoking experience. Never any surprises.

But at the end of the day, I'd be very sad. One of the great joys of pipe smoking for me is choosing from the rows of jars in my current rotation and matching it in a pipe from my collection. What am I feeling like right now? My belly is full? Sounds like Five Bros. Something smells nice and floral. Oh yeah, that Lakeland I set out 5 days ago and forgot about. That should be ready to smoke now, that sounds good. Carter Hall and Oriental Silk are usually what I settle on when I can't (or don't want to) decide.