PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I guess I learned my lesson and it might be worth it to just do a smaller order (1lb at a time?) and pay for priority if I really want a tobacco that only they have.
UPS still has it. It left Kansas City on 1/8 and supposed to get sent to USPS 1/10. Here's the tracking:

Tracking | UPS - United States - http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPS Home&WBPM_lid=homepage/ct1.html_pnl_trk&trackNums=92612902338263553000250075

I can't stand UPS Mail Innovations/Surepost. Amazon started using that for some of their prime deliveries, and I had a bunch of orders sent back by USPS since I used my physical address for the shipping instead of my PO box. If I included my PO box anywhere in my shipping address, Amazon took away the 2 day shipping option. I ended up having to fool their system by using zeroes instead of o's and periods instead of spaces. Straight USPS delivery, either Priority or First Class, has always been excellent for me.
heh thanks!
Now why in the hell would this be a USPS tracking number that can only be tracked on UPS?

it says it’s supposed to be delivered today yet still shows nothing on USPS tracking.
Who knows. But I guess I’m happy it’s making it’s way here slowly.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Nowadays, shipping is where the business is. That's the voracious carnivorous plant where a very large chunk of my expenses end up being eaten up. At times the cost of the freight is more than the cost of the items being dispatched—one tin for $12 USD and $16 USD for shipping :rolleyes:, to give an example. Nuts.

Nuttier: companies are doing all kinds of acrobatics with shipping nowadays, trying to save money I guess. Amazon has been using some company instead of the usual conduits of postal service or well-known couriers (UPS, Fedex, &c.). Never had a problem with them when they used the post, but in the last 6 months I've had one parcel lost and one that just got here to-day, Jan. 9, from an order that was placed on Dec. 23 and was reported as dispatched on Dec. 26. Ridiculous. The post used to deliver within a week of shipping.

I had a bit of an issue with Tobaccopipes.com when I used their global innovations or whatever: poor tracking, looong time to arrive, high blood pressure, but at least the parcel made it here. That was a bit of my fault too, as I was wanting to save on shipping (who doesn't, especially when it's such a substantial portion of your payment?). Too bad you can't always choose your courier: I see no option with Amazon for that, and I'm really considering not buying from them anymore, or at least not as much. This book was also available from Indigo and I woulda had it within a week, as they use Canada Post last time I checked; but I was gonna save ~$1-2 buying from Amasux, right? :rolleyes:
The way I understand it, I could be wrong but Amazon has an internal shipping mechanism.

iajaffe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2010
I am in the exact same boat with over $200 in tobacco sitting in NJ...maybe.

An article about their increasing use of Amazon branded delivery is here
Yep, the last amazon order I made of a memory card for my camera, arrived 45 minutes after I placed the order in an Amazon car. It was like 9PM. I had no idea why they thought that I needed it so fast... I didn't. And, I nearly let the dogs out on them, until I saw the car. Weird.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I am in the exact same boat with over $200 in tobacco sitting in NJ...maybe.
try tracking your number on the UPS site as shown above..
maybe it will show where your package really is because mine still shows in NJ on the USPS site as well.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I guess I learned my lesson and it might be worth it to just do a smaller order (1lb at a time?) and pay for priority if I really want a tobacco that only they have.
I think I've learned this lesson too. Last time I was over at Amasux the 'free shipping' marketing mechanism coin finally dropped (yeah, it took that long) when I saw my order was just cents away from qualifying for free shipping. So, price your products a few cents below and make them order dollars more just to 'save' on shipping. From now on, I'd rather pay the $5 or so and avoid extra expenses and hassles.

I dunno if P&C pulls off a similar technique, but if one must add $10 to an order to 'save' $5....

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
so now all of a sudden it's here in my city, but won't be delivered until tomorrow.

I don't care if this service is 50% cheaper it is absolutely not worth it for businesses to use it.
You can't tell me on a 100$ + order there isn't enough to cover the shipping of 4 lbs... which should cost maybe $7?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
the different shipping methods cost money.. I was hoping to take advantage of the free shipping with my decent sized order. I should have been skeptical that it cost money for USPS but not for the free shipping.
I've only ordered from them once. Didn't have any real problems except when UPS did nothing with the package for two days and said it went in the wrong direction. So.... Haven't had much interest in ordering from them again.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.