PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Ok so I went back and read some of the OPs earlier posts, curious themes of cancer concerns in the first half dozen posts as well as questions about smoking things like willow bark? I think tobacco use is the least of your worries. My father used to say believe half of what you read. In the day and age of the internet when anyone can be an expert I advocate belive 10% of what you read.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
there is also " hairy leukoplakia " with less severe symptoms but other cause than just smoking -

biopsy is necessary
also the issue of the internet & all its pundits - here it is the mayo clinic -
get a biopsy by dentist & doctor! leukoplakia at the outset looks like thrush which a dentist may be too fast at diagnosing.
my dentist decided my white tongue was thrush - looks worse now so now i wonder thanks to this thread -

started 6 months ago after i started smoking again - always seems worse after a smoke - thought it was the preservatives but now i wonder -

off to dentist & doctor for biopsies.
great !

Dec 24, 2012
there is also " hairy leukoplakia "
Really? Christ, you guys are scaring me. I already have hairy palms, which I was duly warned was a possible manifestation of my extra-curricular activities, but now I am really worried here.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Obviously this post has served a purpose, it's helped Jazz vent, Peck be his hairy self, and brought to our attention something that I wasn't even aware of.
Hopefully Jazz's problem will be taken care of as soon as possible, and that Peck will go buy a bottle of Nair since I don't think he's going to change any time soon.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's simply;y a matter of risk versus reward. We all owe a death upon our birth. Life is a terminal situation and so one can weigh the reward of a satisfying smoke against the possibility of unleashing any number of different cancers and the attendant discomfort of such cancers.
It's a rather simple equation and upon choosing smoking I think you must forgo the complaining should the worst occur. It's simply not manly to sicken yourself and then bitch about it. Choices gentlemen and gentle ladies. It's all about choices and their consequences. Let's all man (lady?) up and accept the consequences of our, sometimes, bad choices.
Oh! And before I forget, Happy New Year!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Woodsroad makes a valid point about not waiting to get a potentially serious condition checked out ASAP by a qualified professional. All the rationalization in the world won't return you from the dead.
My dentist, who is an oral surgeon, gives me a check up 4 times a year when I go in for cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.