PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I've been to 18, if it counts that I didn't go up into the Space Needle, Washington Monument, or the Statue of Liberty. I really don't care for heights. I did go up into the Sear's Tower, but I froze to the wall, and my girlfriend at the time thought that she was going to have to get someone to force me back into the elevator. I also didn't care for teetering around on the rim of the Grand Canyon. I prefer to enjoy tall things from the ground.
Before retirement I was working in the AON building in Chicago and one of the building engineers asked if I wanted to see the roof top. Of course I do...there was no frickin' way I was going to the edge. The closest I made it to the edge was about 20'.

AON building
1672791720496.png

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
My law school professor reminded us in our first year that with absolute certainty he knew that 90% of us would not be in the top 10% of our class, so if that was our strategy for success we needed to rethink it.

He was right.

There’s a few on that list I haven’t visited. Yet. Still got some time on the clock hopefully so who knows!

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
I've been to 18, if it counts that I didn't go up into the Space Needle, Washington Monument, or the Statue of Liberty. I really don't care for heights. I did go up into the Sear's Tower, but I froze to the wall, and my girlfriend at the time thought that she was going to have to get someone to force me back into the elevator. I also didn't care for teetering around on the rim of the Grand Canyon. I prefer to enjoy tall things from the ground.
Haha I’ve been in the gift shops at the bottom of some of the worlds tallest structures. Um, no thank you, not gonna do it.