PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
My Golden Retriever Hendrix absolutely hates it when I smoke. When he's not bringing me a tennis ball or tug toy to play with he's usually sleeping on the rug next to my desk. As soon as I load up my pipe and light up he gets up, gives me a dirty look and removes himself to the next room until I'm done and the smoke clears. Maybe he's trying to send me the same message all the human smoking Nazis are

Attachments

• IMG_20191216_130209 (1).jpg
    IMG_20191216_130209 (1).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 4

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We have no idea how closely these guys and gals study us, closer than any human ever has. We are their profession, food source, staff, medical insurance. Not to mention housemates. They know stuff about us we'll never learn. They have the equivalent of doctoral degrees and academic endowed chairs ... in us. No wonder we love them.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
We have no idea how closely these guys and gals study us, closer than any human ever has. We are their profession, food source, staff, medical insurance. Not to mention housemates. They know stuff about us we'll never learn. They have the equivalent of doctoral degrees and academic endowed chairs ... in us. No wonder we love them.
Have to agree entirely with you Tom. It is amazing how each of our dogs or cats know us and expresses that in a different kind of connection.

Reactions: canucklehead

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've always been a dog guy but ended up in a house full of cats. Since my lifestyle has been ill suited to giving a dog the time it needed, I've adapted.

I am still working to convince the wife that I need 4 chihuahuas named after the four horsemen of the apocalypse...

1582436692079.png
(not my image or pets, just one I poached online)

1582436677016.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I only smoke outside and don't generally walk my cat, so Violet doesn't pay any mind to my pipes other than to sniff at me when I come back in from smoking. So not much of a story there, but I wanted to share a picture anyway ?

View attachment 20364
When I was a teenager we had a huge crazy ginger tomcat that had claimed half the neighbourhood as his territory [Quite a few neighbours complained until he cleared out the possums from their homes, lol]
He'd attack visitors that he didn't like [often it was my mates]

Whenever I got on the back step to light up some green stuff, he'd come running and patiently wait alongside me until I blew smoke above his head where he'd sniff enough to get high.

God I loved that cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.