PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
Every time I grab a pipe or a jar of tobacco my dog gets crazy. He climbs into my lap and stares at me because he knows that means we are going outside. Can’t hide the pipe in my pocket either; there’s no fooling his sniffer. Silly lovable bastard. Begs to go with then groans and growls at the smoke once we go lol.
DCFE8A09-E1E8-43CF-87E3-2D51F66AE5AB.jpeg

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
I have 2 American Eskimos (white German spitz) both know when I preparing to go outside and smoke a pipe. The get excited and do the "I'm going outside jig" complete with verbal enhancement. But one dog in particular gets especially jacked up because he is in love with smoke...and it doesn't matter what blend or kind of smoke..But he does seem more partial to burley blends...?
When I light up, he instantly comes to me and rubs himself on my legs like a God damn cat. He then tries to climb in my lap in an effort to get as close to the smoke as possible while continuing to rub himself on me.... Needless to say I usually end up covered in white hair after his smoke loving antics.

I've owned dogs all my life and this is the only dog I've owned or witnessed doing this. He also does his little smoke dance around the barbecue grill as well...Its just weird. But then again he is a bit neurotic,...probably gets it from my wife...??

Neither of the dogs or the cat pay any attention to my pipes. But, when I grab my bike helmet, Alfie explodes against the front door. He loves to run along side me on the trails. And, when I take him to the State park to run along with me when I ride, he has been known to get so excited that he squeezes out the three inches that the car window is cracked to get a head start on me, ha ha.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
?
Nothing like doggy love. Mine has to go for car rides.

View attachment 19959
My German Shepherd rescue had been kenneled for the first two & a half years of his life [and terribly abused & neglected] & had never been taken out into the world. His spirit was undampened though.
His three favourite phrases are; 'Tucker time?' 'Go for a walk?' & 'Drive in the car?'

Wookie.jpg

The GSD rescue pic. He's 6kg underweight there.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
My parrot loves to sit on my knee or next to me while I smoke. I figured he wouldn’t like the smoke, but honestly I don’t generate much smoke and he doesn’t seem to mind. Sometimes he will sit on my shoulder but more often he tries to take my pipe because hey, if dad’s chewing on it, it must be a toy, right?? Want one too! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.