PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
It’s like an old tree’s genitalia.
Hey now, Mr. Frequently Suspended, this pipe has both provenance and a wonderful backstory. Christian made this pipe as an homage to the life and work of his good friend Roger Wallenstein. Wallenstein (whose pipework is crustaceous in nature) said of this pipe that the master had shown the student how it was done. He was extremely impressed at Christian’s vision and mastery over the art.

And besides, how do you know what tree genitalia looks like? Or even where to find it??? ?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Hey now, Mr. Frequently Suspended, this pipe has both provenance and a wonderful backstory. Christian made this pipe as an homage to the life and work of his good friend Roger Wallenstein. Wallenstein (whose pipework is crustaceous in nature) said of this pipe that the master had shown the student how it was done. He was extremely impressed at Christian’s vision and mastery over the art.

And besides, how do you know what tree genitalia looks like? Or even where to find it??? ?
It’s cool man. Just not a pipe I’m that into.
Trust me there are plenty.. no offense intended.

you’ve never seen a tree with a nutsack?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
rc3Lc.jpg

And I’m not trying to be a dick.. did you know the carver?

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
rc3Lc.jpg

And I’m not trying to be a dick.. did you know the carver?
I’m not mad. Heck, if that could get me angry, I’d be in jail by now. ?

I didn’t know Christian, just of his work. And yeah, he made a lot of ugly pipes, and I got the ugliest. ? It sits in my collection because of its significance in the world of artisan pipes, and out of respect for the carver. I was hoping to go to the Chicago pipe show this year so that I could give it to Roger Wallenstein, it truly belongs to him. Maybe then the pox will be off my house? Maybe next year.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
The pipe in the original post actually does not look "crappy". In fact, it looks a bit like a knock off of a Castello 10 Trademark. At $30.00 I would certainly try one. The key thing is, I think, to be happy for all pipesmokers no matter what they smoke. I am reminded of how kind Anthony R is with his encouragement to "enjoy the heck out of it" no matter what pipe the member has posted.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I’m not mad. Heck, if that could get me angry, I’d be in jail by now. ?

I didn’t know Christian, just of his work. And yeah, he made a lot of ugly pipes, and I got the ugliest. ? It sits in my collection because of its significance in the world of artisan pipes, and out of respect for the carver. I was hoping to go to the Chicago pipe show this year so that I could give it to Roger Wallenstein, it truly belongs to him. Maybe then the pox will be off my house? Maybe next year.
No it’s cool man. I totally understand why you like it and as a piece of art .. it stands on its own. I just have never been a fan of that style pipe. Everybody likes different flair!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
there are so many pipes I don't really like. Whatever. I have one expensive pipe and I love it there is something totally special about it. Though mainly I tend to like pretty plain pipes that are tools and not pieces of art. But thank God everyone has different tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.