PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I have had a tin of Reiner light aromatic (green label) unopened in my pipe cabinet since 2000 I believe it came from Pipes and Pleasures based on the label on the underside. I have been lately completely unsatisfied with my aromatic blends. Tastes are changing I guess. I can only say wow its amazing what 12 years will do for a tobacco. The virginias and burleys have settled down very nicely and it gives a clean sweet smoke that almost makes me wish I had used my Meer to fully enjoy the moment. I sat on the fence along time before breaking the seal on this one but now am glad I did. I'm just sad that once its gone I can not get another tin to taste like this until 2023.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I can not get another tin to taste like this until 2023.
Fun to think about it like that. I plan to create a tobacco vault as time passes. Currently I have over 30 tins just waiting but they are no older than several months and a few about a year old. I placed them in plastic bags but the tins themselves are unopened. Might be fun to break them out on my 50th birthday, 11 years from now.

johnny

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Cool story, good to see your blend came out so well after some age. I have a couple tins that are about 6 years old. Gotta wait a few more years to try anything over ten years aged. Most of my cellar has 1-3 years on it but after some years I'll have some great tasting tobaccos. I guess the waiting part isn't fun but the end result is worth the wait 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.