PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Bad thing? $36... I call that a deal. Congrats! I don't call it PAD, I firmly believe you need at least 100 pipes in rotation. You know, for different blends and proper pipe resting.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Heh, I know what type of guy I am.
I'm pretty certain I'm one of those "hundred pipes" kind of guys.
I'm not a collector, but I do tend to follow my passions to the fullest. I've developed a real passion for pipe smoking.
@pipestud
Isn't your comment kind of like a drug dealer showing up at a party and patting everyone on the back that's getting high :)

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
And btw pipestud, for some reason I keep imagining that if you shaved you would look just like that dude in the candy store in the original Willy Wonka movie that sold Charlie the golden ticket.
In my head I keep hearing "The eBay man can" to the tune of "The candy man can".

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
You are now on the edge of a psychological addiction. You will find yourself thinking about that next auction at the most inopportune times. Visions of pipes will enter your dreams. You will learn about snipers, and then become one. You will start getting Pipestud's weekly email. You will eventually get a pipe that needs to be restored, and that will lead to equipment, supplies and hours of concentrated effort to get it "just right". The slope is slippery, and you are already sliding....

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome to our addiction machine!

That is "Fairfax" rack, I have several of those. I dig the Eagle topped lid!
$_57.JPG

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Trust me. Pipestud and others had me nailed.
I just won my second auction... It's a no-name pipe, but I got it for less than $12 shipped.
As a matter of fact, my wife walked into the room and said "Are you buying something?"
I said "Yea another pipe".
She said "Don't you have enough pipes?"
I answered with "Yeah, I did yesterday."

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I didn't even pick up on everything in the description because it wasn't in the picture.
a decorative porcelain dish, a reamer, 2 tampers
That part was a complete surprise when I read it here. I went back and checked the description, sue enough there it is!
You got so much stuff that you didn't know everything you got. LMAO to your icing on the CAKE ;)
GOOD JOB ... I am Happy for your Happyiness ;)

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Between your thread title and the experienced guitarists thread I'll be playing this in my head all day long!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ia-OQThno
Another visually less PG version:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=abzK_jZdKFw

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a haul. No telling on the pipes before you see them, but French factory pipes are among the best going, usually

way above their price in quality, so you may have some real work horses, or even some distinguished briars. You have

to be selective not to crowd your life with too many ebay "wins," but these are a good thing, I think.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
@pipestud
Isn't your comment kind of like a drug dealer showing up at a party and patting everyone on the back that's getting high :) - Rob
Guilty as charged. I just can't seem to help myself. :oops:
And btw pipestud, for some reason I keep imagining that if you shaved you would look just like that dude in the candy store in the original Willy Wonka movie that sold Charlie the golden ticket. In my head I keep hearing "The eBay man can" to the tune of "The candy man can". - Rob
LOL! - Well, I just watched the movie again after reading your comment and yes, is was a quite handsome fellow, wasn't he? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.