PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I actually do like 1Q. It's one of the few aromatics that I've tried that will likely end up in my regular rotation, once I get to the point of having a regular rotation. As noted by others, my wife likes the smell - and even the cigar guys at the local B&M have commented on the aroma. If others don't like it, that's all the more for me! :D

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I keep two cob pipes at work; one for Frog Morton, and one for 1Q. It's an easy smoke. I think someone in a previous thread stated that it's not about what it is, rather, what it isn't. It isn't hard to smoke. It isn't hard to understand the flavor. And it isn't expensive. It's just an easy going everyday smoke. Personally, I enjoy it. I'd say give it a few more tries.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
1Q smells wonderful and has a great room note but I've found that it's not particularly flavorful. If you want to try other bulk aro's, I'd recommend a bit of Scotty's Butternut Burley, it's one of my favorites.

Jul 12, 2011
I also find it a pretty mild smoke... I need more kick in my

smokes both in flavor and Lady N, so I mix with some nice

PER & Premium Burley and it is now a Dragon's Mix :)

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Interesting responses, especially regarding the "lack of flavor" considering the overwhelming sweet, vanilla flavor that I had experienced. I have just ordered a grab bag of cobs and I will dedicate one for this blend to further experiment. I'll definitely try blending it and drying it out more than I did.
I have found that Bald Headed Teacher works pretty good as a crowd pleaser and I love the taste as well. As far as aro's go, I will unashamedly admit to enjoying McClelland's Three Cherry Blend. Maybe it is just the vanilla that disagrees with me.
Thanks for the input, everyone!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hemsworth, I too enjoy McClelland's Three Cherry, can't explain it myself I don't like cherry anything, but for some reason I enjoyed it. Its a once in a blue moon kinda thing but enjoyable when I do have it.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
I like Q1 and it's my goto when smoking in the house.
Happy wife, Happy life....... :D

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I, too, have read all the hubbub about 1Q so I ordered up a few ounces. Turns out I love the flavor as well as the room aroma. Definitely one blend I will keep well stocked.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I like 1Q. The lady likes it as well. Not as much as when I smoke Tinderbox 'cherry almond', but close. But then the only tobacco I dont like is SG 1792, so most wouldbconsider me, 'easy'. Lol

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I do enjoy Lane Limited 1Q but it does lack somewhat in the flavor department. I've found it much more enjoyable when used as a blending component. I blend it with Carter Hall or Half and Half. Lane's RLP-6 I find to be better in flavor and enjoy it by itself. It's somewhat similar to Captain Black White. I'll list in my own opinion the best of the aromatics from Lane Limited and I have tried them all in one ounce packages.
Lane Limited Hazelnut

Lane Limited RLP-6

Lane Limited HG-2000

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
The first pipe bowl I ever had was TB Wilshire (Lane 1Q). Could be I'm just sentimental, but I still smoke it on occasion, especially when I'm camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.