PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

...and I think it has some type of addictive substance in it, probably crack, due to the fact that I have trouble removing the pipe from my mouth once I start a bowl. It's my new all-time absolute favorite this week. :D
Any other Falconheads out there?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
...and I think it has some type of addictive substance in it
st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.jpg

I mean it says it right on there! Kidding aside, I've never tried it but have always read good things about it.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
I like it a lot and have a fair amount of it after seeing it on Muttonchop pipers YT channel.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always wondered about MF. These are the first rave notices I've seen.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I had also heard good things about it which encouraged me to order a tin a while ago. I love the stuff! It reminds me a lot of G.L. Pease's Westminster (which I also love) but to me, it seems a bit sweeter and that "secret spice" keeps me coming back haha
I've also heard tell of the ginger flavor, though I've never picked up on that in particular, I get other baking spices from it, cinnamon, clove... maybe its pumpkin spice... 8O

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
Greg's Maltese Falcon is very tasty. The spicy note is mysterious but may indeed be ginger.
When smoking it, I also like to think of the novel of the same name by Dashiell Hammett published in 1930 as well as the film noir adaptation staring Humphrey Bogart in 1941. All set in San Francisco, a city well known to Greg Pease, where anything can happen...

Reactions: bent1

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Heh, I don't know if this makes sense, but Maltese Falcon tastes like a blend that would be named Maltese Falcon and the tin art is perfect, too. I don't taste ginger liqueur, though I haven't had it since I first eard that was its topping, but like lightmyfire, I get a lot of warm, slightly sweet baking spices.

Reactions: anotherbob

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
In his review, Jiminks said the secret ingredient is ginger. I believe him, but like you guys I didn't recognize it. I should probably buy more right now, so if y'all will excuse me I have to find a pawn shop so I can sell this tv I found in my neighbors' living room while they were at work.

Reactions: anotherbob

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
Can't say I pick up any secret ingredient, but I just finished my first tin and I love it a lot.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Can't say I pick up any secret ingredient, but I just finished my first tin and I love it a lot.
I never picked up on this either, ginger or otherwise, to me it just tastes like a straight up fantastic english blend.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
I never picked up on this either, ginger or otherwise, to me it just tastes like a straight up fantastic english blend.
How Britishly boring of you! :rofl:

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Nothing to speak about here. Move along, Maltese Falcon is no better than your average English bulk blend(s)..... :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.