I decided to try Maltese Falcon...

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Country Squire Banner

oldtoby

Preferred Member
Dec 7, 2011
I also believe the "secret spice" to be Ginger.
One of Greg's finest creations (along with others), imho.

pianopuffer

Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Decided to have a bowl last night to confirm what I also detect which is a ginger top note. I gotta say I’m into it!

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I absolutely love the stuff. I bought a small tin last year and gave it a shot when it was available and then it sold out before I could order more. Then I got the opportunity to buy a couple of 8 oz tins and jumped. I love MF and is one of my favorite blends. I smoke it fairly regularly. It's just so damn smooth and not a harsh note whatsoever. It's likely one of the smoothest blends I have ever had. It's no wonder Muttonchop said it would be his desert island smoke.

Country Squire Banner

danimalia

Preferred Member
Sep 2, 2015
Yes, I agree that it's very smooth and I think Greg's tin description is spot on when he describes it as dark and alluring. Sometimes I can relate to those more intangible descriptors than I can to specific flavors and aromas.

alaskanpiper

Preferred Member
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Sometimes I can relate to those more intangible descriptors than I can to specific flavors and aromas.
Nothing like a nice blend that has a condescending nose but remains playful on the palate with bright zippy taste and a very flexible mouthfeel. Add a nice assertive finish and a passive yet contemplative room note and you've got one hell of a diverse and punctual mixture.
Top notch, very high craft. I give it a 39 out of 46.

Country Squire Banner