PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Decided to have a bowl last night to confirm what I also detect which is a ginger top note. I gotta say I’m into it!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I absolutely love the stuff. I bought a small tin last year and gave it a shot when it was available and then it sold out before I could order more. Then I got the opportunity to buy a couple of 8 oz tins and jumped. I love MF and is one of my favorite blends. I smoke it fairly regularly. It's just so damn smooth and not a harsh note whatsoever. It's likely one of the smoothest blends I have ever had. It's no wonder Muttonchop said it would be his desert island smoke.

Reactions: bent1

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Yes, I agree that it's very smooth and I think Greg's tin description is spot on when he describes it as dark and alluring. Sometimes I can relate to those more intangible descriptors than I can to specific flavors and aromas.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Sometimes I can relate to those more intangible descriptors than I can to specific flavors and aromas.
Nothing like a nice blend that has a condescending nose but remains playful on the palate with bright zippy taste and a very flexible mouthfeel. Add a nice assertive finish and a passive yet contemplative room note and you've got one hell of a diverse and punctual mixture.
Top notch, very high craft. I give it a 39 out of 46.

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
I’ve yet to find a fail in the Pease line-up of any variety. There are just so many tobaccos out there waiting to be tried and FOMO is a real problem. Smoked one 2oz time and have some in the cellar but should definitely add more.
Oh so true, the fomo is a real problem. I'm trying to slow that down, but maybe this will do it.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Maltese Falcon is a great blend and the mystery spice adds some depth to it. But to me it is a bit too smooth and mellow. It lacks a bit of "umph" to be a top ten in my book.

Reactions: ofafeather

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
I consider myself a aero smoker but I am fighting a urge to smoke the Falcon every day. It just suits me every bowl.

If MF is considered English, what other blends are in it's wheelhouse?
Loads of them with varied opinions. GLP Quiet Nights, Arango Balkan Supreme, Peterson Nightcap, Peterson mixture 965... just to name a few. SG Skiff mixture too, I love it as well for a more tart Oriental forward blend (to me). Try some and others and enjoy.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I consider myself a aero smoker but I am fighting a urge to smoke the Falcon every day. It just suits me every bowl.

If MF is considered English, what other blends are in it's wheelhouse?
My favorite of Pease’s Englishes is Spark Plug, with Quiet Nights and Gaslight close behind. I also love Arango Balkan Supreme. A great blend and available as bulk by the ounce. It is pretty much the yardstick by which I measure all other English/Balkan blends. Some others that are really good are C&D Stratfordshire, C&D Tuggle Hall (if you want some Burley mixed in), Sutliff Balkan Sobranie 759 Match, and Sutliff Balkan Sobranie Original Mixture Match. C&D Bayou Night if you like Perique and Burley and want something stronger.

Reactions: Cotton1
Status
Not open for further replies.