PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I went to one of those really---I mean REALLY---nice restaurants last night. You know, the sort where the waitpersons look and act like ice carvings who sneer at everyone, your table is a rough cement slab, and the walls are recycled industrial boiler plate? Yeah, THAT fancy, right? And " , " our chef (he doesn't believe in labels, so a verbal pause is what he used as his name), said that we would feel the fourth year of his childhood in the second bite (not the first) of the appetizer---you know, when his dog ran away and he was sad all summer?---but I'm afraid I didn't. I just didn't. Maybe a little on the third bite, but by then who cares, right?

So, anyway, I mentioned how disappointed I was to our waithuman, and xer (xim?) simply IGNORED me! I know xer (xim?) heard what I said, though, because I overheard xim (xer?) talking to another waithuman about how some customers lack taste and awareness to such a degree that they can't detect " , "'s childhood in their quartered fava bean.

What arrogance!

Normally I'd let such a thing go, but that quartered fava bean wasn't cheap! It's a $90 app!

What do you think I should do now? I'm feeling ripped off. (And, to be totally honest, a bit afraid. I mean, it's possible that I failed " , " instead of the other way around... )

I know you PM guys truly appreciate and understand fine dining, so I promise to do whatever you say.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I went to one of those really---I mean REALLY---nice restaurants last night. You know, the sort where the waitpersons look and act like ice carvings who sneer at everyone, your table is a rough cement slab, and the walls are recycled industrial boiler plate? Yeah, THAT fancy, right? And " , " our chef (he doesn't believe in labels, so a verbal pause is what he used as his name), said that we would feel the fourth year of his childhood in the second bite (not the first) of the appetizer---you know, when his dog ran away and he was sad all summer?---but I'm afraid I didn't. I just didn't. Maybe a little on the third bite, but by then who cares, right?

So, anyway, I mentioned how disappointed I was to our waithuman, and xer (xim?) simply IGNORED me! I know xer (xim?) heard what I said, though, because I overheard xim (xer?) talking to another waithuman about how some customers lack taste and awareness to such a degree that they can't detect " , "'s childhood in their quartered fava bean.

What arrogance!

Normally I'd let such a thing go, but that quartered fava bean wasn't cheap! It's a $90 app!

What do you think I should do now? I'm feeling ripped off. (And, to be totally honest, a bit afraid. I mean, it's possible that I failed " , " instead of the other way around... )

I know you PM guys truly appreciate and understand fine dining, so I promise to do whatever you say.

If you can afford to go to one of those restaurants it means you're not getting taxed enough, so I'm going to withhold any sympathy and advice I might otherwise have given (also I don't care for the privileged attitude you exhibit toward service workers).

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

What arrogance!

I hope you didn't tip more than 30%. That'll reach that waitbot not to mess with you!

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and OzPiper

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
$90 is pretty cheap to learn a good lesson.
You could try writing them, but I doubt that would work. Best to leave a sophisticated yet devastating review online.
It's kinda like how wine industry economists have shown that the more you pay for the same bottle of wine, the more you enjoy it, IF you're that type of consumer, which I doubt you are...
I believe you've seen the emperors new clothes for what they are!

Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I was unaware there was such a thing as a ninety dollar bean. 😵‍💫
I was under the impression George lives in the KC area. I was not aware that there is “one of those really---I mean REALLY---nice restaurants” in KC? I love my town and there is some great food here and some pretty expensive restaurants. Still looking for a really nice / good restaurant

Reactions: JOHN72

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Sydney has lots of good eating.
It‘s very cosmopolitan, so choice abounds. You just have to know where to find it. Or have a friend who is a foodie to show you around.

BUT if starched white tablecloths and soft music in the background is what you crave, check your credit card balance before stepping through the doorway.
At the top end, expect to pay at least $300 for your meal.
And that is without wine. Or embellishments like truffles or caviar.

• Wow

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Go back and just order an appetizer and drinks. While waiting, excuse yourself to the men’s room where you will tape a clean .380 behind the toilet tank. Shoot me a link and I’ll quietly (not) take care of old “,” .