PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Go back and just order an appetizer and drinks. While waiting, excuse yourself to the men’s room where you will tape a clean .380 behind the toilet tank. Shoot me a link and I’ll quietly (not) take care of old “,” .
“Police are examining the social media accounts of the San Antonio man in hopes of finding a clue as to what motivated his actions”

• Haha
Reactions: LotusEater

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I think it's legitimate to complain to the management of the restaurant (not the waiter who has no real clout). If they really take their craft seriously, they should offer to reimburse you or, at least, provide another meal gratis. The prices at restaurants have gone up considerably since the pandemic. The mediocre restaurants—the vast majority—charge as much as the good ones. I can't think of any that charge or deserve $90 for an appetizer, unless it's caviar!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I went to one of those really---I mean REALLY---nice restaurants last night. You know, the sort where the waitpersons look and act like ice carvings who sneer at everyone, your table is a rough cement slab, and the walls are recycled industrial boiler plate? Yeah, THAT fancy, right? And " , " our chef (he doesn't believe in labels, so a verbal pause is what he used as his name), said that we would feel the fourth year of his childhood in the second bite (not the first) of the appetizer---you know, when his dog ran away and he was sad all summer?---but I'm afraid I didn't. I just didn't. Maybe a little on the third bite, but by then who cares, right?

So, anyway, I mentioned how disappointed I was to our waithuman, and xer (xim?) simply IGNORED me! I know xer (xim?) heard what I said, though, because I overheard xim (xer?) talking to another waithuman about how some customers lack taste and awareness to such a degree that they can't detect " , "'s childhood in their quartered fava bean.

What arrogance!

Normally I'd let such a thing go, but that quartered fava bean wasn't cheap! It's a $90 app!

What do you think I should do now? I'm feeling ripped off. (And, to be totally honest, a bit afraid. I mean, it's possible that I failed " , " instead of the other way around... )

I know you PM guys truly appreciate and understand fine dining, so I promise to do whatever you say.
Well apparently that kind of place just isn't for you or is extra for you. I am having trouble getting a read on if you hated it or got a masochistic thrill out of the experience.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Well apparently that kind of place just isn't for you or is extra for you. I am having trouble getting a read on if you hated it or got a masochistic thrill out of the experience.

Neither.

It's option "C"...

A joke.

In this case, attempted humor via absurd exaggeration.

(The "style" has a long history. Here is a masterful visual example) ---

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
A few weeks ago I went to our local Rod & Gun for dinner. Honestly, Its probably one step up from prison food. My wife and I were invited by her dad.
Before that, the last time I went to a restaurant was November 2021. I remember because my family went to the Olive Garden the day after my moms funeral. :(
We don't go out much......but a LOT of people treat our house like a restaurant. I swear people have shown up to dinner without being invited!!

Rossi320

Can't Leave
Jul 4, 2023
Northumberland county, pa
I went to one of those really---I mean REALLY---nice restaurants last night. You know, the sort where the waitpersons look and act like ice carvings who sneer at everyone, your table is a rough cement slab, and the walls are recycled industrial boiler plate? Yeah, THAT fancy, right? And " , " our chef (he doesn't believe in labels, so a verbal pause is what he used as his name), said that we would feel the fourth year of his childhood in the second bite (not the first) of the appetizer---you know, when his dog ran away and he was sad all summer?---but I'm afraid I didn't. I just didn't. Maybe a little on the third bite, but by then who cares, right?

So, anyway, I mentioned how disappointed I was to our waithuman, and xer (xim?) simply IGNORED me! I know xer (xim?) heard what I said, though, because I overheard xim (xer?) talking to another waithuman about how some customers lack taste and awareness to such a degree that they can't detect " , "'s childhood in their quartered fava bean.

What arrogance!

Normally I'd let such a thing go, but that quartered fava bean wasn't cheap! It's a $90 app!

What do you think I should do now? I'm feeling ripped off. (And, to be totally honest, a bit afraid. I mean, it's possible that I failed " , " instead of the other way around... )

I know you PM guys truly appreciate and understand fine dining, so I promise to do whatever you say.
This is how I feel every time I go to ruth's and chris

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Shame. Some folk pay good money for the privilege of experiencing the feeling of being ripped off served to them by an apathetic ___ (NOS). I hope you at least tipped them appropriately. ;)