I’m New to this Forum. Are There any UK & Ireland Members?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thank you kind sir. It is used loosely. Royal Britannia was more about the empire, which is pretty much non existent. It’s called a commonwealth now and there are no red coats
As a kid, I recall my late father always said 'Son, we're about to leave for good ole Britannia, he was a member of the merchant navy here in Finland, and was definitely a big anglophile

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Are there any UK or Ireland pipe smokers here? I’d love to start a localised community
Welcome to the forum another UK member here. Very friendly lot here and the Craic is very good. I know of at least three members of the forum who live very near you in Sussex I'm sure they will make themselves known to you.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Welcome to the forum from Knik River, Alaska!

My lineage is all Scotch-Irish. Family came to what would become the US in 1750 from County Cork and County Clare Ireland settling in Pennsylvania. As the frontier moved west, so did we. Missouri, then Washington, and finally Alaska. I come from a long line of fringe-dwellers, hahaha.

We just kept going west until we ran out of west.

Ukpipesmoker

Lurker
Mar 17, 2021
Brighton UK
Welcome to the forum from Knik River, Alaska!

My lineage is all Scotch-Irish. Family came to what would become the US in 1750 from County Cork and County Clare Ireland settling in Pennsylvania. As the frontier moved west, so did we. Missouri, then Washington, and finally Alaska. I come from a long line of fringe-dwellers, hahaha.

We just kept going west until we ran out of west.
Amazing story. Pioneers. Trust the Irish not to stay still

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Amazing story. Pioneers. Trust the Irish not to stay still
Indeed! Well, I won't be going any further west I can tell you that! Only option west of here in this fine country of ours is Little Diomede Island, and living on a remote treeless island in the middle of the ocean surviving on Walrus liver and pilot bread does not sound appealing. I'll stay where the moose are, haha.

Ukpipesmoker

Lurker
Mar 17, 2021
Brighton UK
Indeed! Well, I won't be going any further west I can tell you that! Only option west of here in this fine country of ours is Little Diomede Island, and living on a remote treeless island in the middle of the ocean surviving on Walrus liver and pilot bread does not sound appealing. I'll stay where the moose are, haha.
I’m pretty sure Smoking Pipes don’t deliver there either.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I’m pretty sure Smoking Pipes don’t deliver there either.
Haha, actually they do! Mail is delivered once a week when weather allows via a USPS third party contractor that operates a helicopter. The service contract costs $300,000 per year and serves 147 residents, hahaha.

Much better than it used to be though, which was walrus skinned boats and the occasional (a few times a year at best) airdrop.